Dad's first ride in car since FI install

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
My dad moved out of state about 2yrs ago, just before I went FI. Well he was in town yesterday for a few hours so I took him for a quick ride.

Went down like this. Took off like normal (nice and slow) in first shifted into second at about 15mph, waited a second then floored it. Car instantly breaks loose and is fishtailing all over the place, just before the car hits the rev limiter I slam it into 3rd and keeping the tires spinning, by now the a$$ end is all over the place. I feather in gas pedal to get it to hook and nail the pedal back to the floor, and the car just takes off. By this time my dad is yelling at the top of his lungs WO, WO, WO THATS ENOUGH THATS ENOUGH, SLOW DOWN! (So I did, didn't want him to have a heart attack) He ask how fast were we going, 90mph, he's jesus christ it only took half a block! All he could say for the drive back to the house was jesus christ this thing is fast Holy sh!t over and over. I of course was laughing my a$$ off.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
ahha.. thats one way to tell pops you moved up in the world ;-)

Haze28

forum member
Reaction score
LOL! I took my dad for a ride in my car last summer and it was the first time he had been in about 30 years. He was the same way and my car is N/A. I couldn't imagine what he would of said if my car had a blower on it.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Funny thing is. He had an 1982 Mustang GT the first year (I think) of the 5.0. It was a 302 V8 with a 2brl carb and he thought that car was fast as hell, which back in the day it probably was (I was only 12 when he purchased the car). The first time he drove my car (stock) he was like "this is about as fast as the one I had". Well I think I change his point of view. Not that, that was what I was looking for, but you have never riden in an 11 second car until you have riden in an 11 second car.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha, my Dad liked riding in my car too. He asked if he could keep it while I was deployed to Afghanistan but then after riding in it he changed his mind. Said he'd either end up with a bunch of speeding tickets or crash it, and he didn't want to do either one.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
I did the same thing with my Dad. He asked me if the car could even light the tires. I responded by laying a huge set of strips in front of his driveway, and taking him on a full bore run down the road! He started laughing right away. He's an old school street racer, so he loved it.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
That's funny.... I like doing that to people too.

... but you have never riden in an 11 second car until you have riden in an 11 second car.
True... and in my case, it's a 10-sec car on drag radials, so it just hooks and goes. None of that time-wasting spinning and fishtailing and stuff. LOL

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's funny.... I like doing that to people too.

True... and in my case, it's a 10-sec car on drag radials, so it just hooks and goes. None of that time-wasting spinning and fishtailing and stuff. LOL

Hmm, seems to me that if it just hooked and went you wouldn't be considering new rear springs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back