Diagnose Mustang Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor ($10)

Poormeee

Reaction score
Okay, so.. $10 paypal to the person who helps me figure this out! 2007 Mustang V6 Automatics transmission. Got the code P0193 for Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. Car still ran fine. Figured I would just change the sensor. Bought a new one and installed correctly, now car starts but just idles and lugs. If I push on throttle, the rpms barely go up. OKAY great so then I decided maybe just a faulty sensor, so I put the old one on correctly and still same problem. I checked the fuse relay to make sure it was good and placed in, and the inertia button inside near the dash. What could possibly be the issue or is there something I missed?

JordanBerk

Reaction score
How can I check the fuel pump? If it was working before I replaced the sensor why wouldn’t it work after?
It's possible your fuel pump wasn't working correctly before and your sensor was correctly alerting you to low fuel pressure. Unfortunately the GT's fuel rails dont have a valve to hook an analog pressure gauge too I don't think the V6 does either. I went through 3 faulty fuel pumps this year and each time the only trouble code was Fuel Pressure Sensor

Poormeee

Reaction score
It's possible your fuel pump wasn't working correctly before and your sensor was correctly alerting you to low fuel pressure. Unfortunately the GT's fuel rails dont have a valve to hook an analog pressure gauge too I don't think the V6 does either. I went through 3 faulty fuel pumps this year and each time the only trouble code was Fuel Pressure Sensor
So I got two codes for Throttle Actuator Stuck Idle. I checked out my TB but it was fine beforehand. Do you think it has something to do with the TPS sensor? Its all weird to be because I wasnt having any issue before with anything having to do with the Throttle Body. Now this is shown up and the fuel rain code has gone away...

Poormeee

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a bad Throttle body
Thats weird though how I initially just had a code for fuel rail sensor, then all of a sudden issues with the TB? Explain the correlation between that because the TB was working fine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back