did this thing blow?

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
my oem block is fine still has the cross hatches. I am going to have it honed cleaned and 8 new pistons and rings put in it.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would love to see more pics of everything tore apart....

edgarrian

Reaction score
So all that ranting about a shop had nothing to do with the quality of there parts. Interesting... to say the least. Good luck with ur build. Did u call brenspeed and apologize.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
no I do not lito. i was going to get an iat gauge and sender and put into one of the runners. The whipple manifold has a couple of holes that are plugged on some runners so I was going to remove one of the plugs and put a sensor in the runner. Is there another way to do this as the gauge kit is about 250.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
no I do not lito. i was going to get an iat gauge and sender and put into one of the runners. The whipple manifold has a couple of holes that are plugged on some runners so I was going to remove one of the plugs and put a sensor in the runner. Is there another way to do this as the gauge kit is about 250.

you dont need a gauge as much as you just need a motorcraft sendor to be wired into your current maf.....right now your ecu is seeing the temps pre-supercharger while they are alot cooler and its changing your timing based on these cooler temps.......your ecu needs to see the correct temps and AFTER the air is compressed thru that supercharger....then it can correct the timing based on the correct temps.....

http://www.blowbyracing.com/bbriatsere.html

69Mach1-409

Reaction score

Pickup a lightening sensor, drill & tap the lower manifold, pull the OEM IAT wires off the MAF, connect them to the new IAT sensor, and data log it with your tuner.

I monitor mine this way with the Livewire. It also allows your tuner to run a safer tune because the CPU is reading actual post blower IAT numbers instead of up at the filter.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Completely cut them.

I know that is not right to talk about the shoulda-coulda-woulda but this may had saved you the engine with the IC system failure.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
dropped both motors off at the machine shop yesterday. I am going with the cp jdm spec 9.8 pistons. They only choices with that stroke are the 8.5 or 9.8 so I am going 9.8 and will have them tune it on the safe side with 93 octane.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Completely cut them.

I know that is not right to talk about the shoulda-coulda-woulda but this may had saved you the engine with the IC system failure.

thats what i was thinking as well....but its a little too late now,lol.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
ya whats done is done but I will take the preventive side this time so I dont have to do this shit again.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
like I said a couple times in this tread. They pissed me off cause they said they wouldn't warranty before they even knew what happened or what was wrong. They hadn't even taken a compression test and they said no warranty.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
like I said a couple times in this tread. They pissed me off cause they said they wouldn't warranty before they even knew what happened or what was wrong. They hadn't even taken a compression test and they said no warranty.

That didn't answer my question.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
i dont give a shit thats the answer they wrote the motor off before they knew what was wrong so yes I will never do business with them again they still lied and all that shit.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i dont give a shit thats the answer they wrote the motor off before they knew what was wrong so yes I will never do business with them again they still lied and all that shit.

Nice. Regardless of anything else, You need to nut up, man up, stand up and admit you blew your own fucking motor. But you wont.

So you're still pissed that they wont warranty a motor that you fucked up all by yourself. Good luck rebuilding after your next explosion.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
no im not pissed off that the motor blew. im pissed off the way they handled it. OK I am looking forward to rebuilding it again when it blows jack ass.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back