did this thing blow?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thank you nasty and maybe this will show why I dont pay people. I paid brenspeed and hour labor to fix the vacuum lines. I come home today to the car sitting in the driveway I pop the hood and see this shit. Tell you what they are lucky they are closed right now. Come on brenspeed lovers defend them some more. This is only looking at the car for 2 minutes who nows what else i will find when i start to take it apart.

What happened to the picture?

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
not sure what happened to it. it was just a vacuum line with a bolt in it and duct tape job that brenspeed did over my inlet tube that I paid them tio fix my vacuum lines.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
not sure yet but i guess it had to take all the rings out as there was 0 compression. Just the top of the cylinder is messed up.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so who has the best price on the aluminator right now? The more and more I think about this I really dont want anything that blowspeed built on my car. So maybe I will just buy an aluminator a throw it in and end all the headaches.

So you want to sell the paper weight?

I'll give you $100 for your Brenspeed paperweight! LOL

You beat me to it, I'll give you $101.83!

so i am hoping I can go .20 over and stuff some pistons in it. will .20 be to much stress on this motor being that its already a 302 stroker?

So does this mean your not going to sell?

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
looks like it was detonated and had nothing to do with brenspeed's motor! Thanks for showing us all

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
looks like it was detonated and had nothing to do with brenspeed's motor! Thanks for showing us all

+1

If the cylinder is not able to be saved by a hone. Just replace the sleve and piston, it would be cheaper than boring and all new pistons. Just an option

bullitt boy

Reaction score
So now you're going to try to save it? I thought you didn't want to use shit from brenspeed again? Change of heart?

Ah don't kick the dude while he's down. If he only needs a hone or bore and sleeve why not use it,He'd be a fool not to.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
That piston is "eyebrowed". I've done it to a couple pushrod motors myself when they were turbocharged. Extreme cylinder temps/lean conditions are what causes it. The piston actually melts right there. There's probably a hole in the side of the piston just below that spot. Absolutely nothing related to how an engine was assembled.

If you're lucky a hone could clean it up, but likely you'll need to go .020 over. You're planning that anyway, so sounds like you're on the right path. I have a similar 3.80 stroker (The Saleen stuff), and am also curious to see what you come up with for .020 pistons for that stroke in case I ever have a similar issue.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
You can have this motor but not for 100.00 bucks. give me serious offer, I would gladly sell it. I don't want to replace just one piston, i am gonna do this right.

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score

do you think it was the tune? It never pinged or anything like that, but the exhaust was loud as hell so It would have been hard to hear under throttle.

Bob_Kurgan

forum member
Reaction score
do you think it was the tune? It never pinged or anything like that, but the exhaust was loud as hell so It would have been hard to hear under throttle.

honestly, it COULD have been the tune, but being in the tuning business, im not one to point fingers at the tuner right off the bat. I am going to GUESS that with your vacuum leaks etc, that unmetered air got into the inlet system causing the motor to lean out and detonate! I dont think your intercooler being run dry contributed because MOST good tuners will put a retarder in the IAT tables to pull timing, but after reading about the build, i think you may have overlooked this one..

THIS IS THE REASON THAT WHEN I SEND OUT BASE TUNES, I PUT A 3K REV LIMITER ON IT UNTIL IT GOES ON MY DYNO!!!!!!!!! I make sure to put the demanded WOT FUELING at 10 to 1, the timing at 10, and rev limiter at 3k. No matter how many times you tell a customer that its a base tune and to NOT GET ON IT, they always show up at their dyno appt saying "the car feels slow and misses around 3k"..

onequicktang

forum member
Reaction score
do these blocks have to be clearanced for the stroker? I should just use my oem block have it honed and slap all the other shit into with new pistons and rings.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If it were mine and these pistons are standard bore I would check the clearances and if the old block can be used with just a hone job I would buy one piston and a new compete set of rings. Have everything re-balanced, assembled and save some money. You could then, when you have some extra money, buy a rotating assembly at .020 over and have this block bored, assemble everything and use it for a backup or sell it and recoup some of your money.

Earl

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back