Do I have a base stereo or shaker 500?

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
On my 05, was going to order a new deck from crutchfield and it asked if I had the base 4 speaker system or the shaker 500/1000.

I know I dont have the 1000 (no subs in trunk) but I do have door subs, on the bottom front of door. Does this mean I have the shaker 500?

I ask because crutchfield has 2 different harness adapters, one for shaker 500, one for base setup. Also, if I do have the 500, should I also grab the 12v to 5v adapter so I dont get any pop when powering on the system?

My overall plan is to mount the deck deeper into the radio area, and install a nexus 7 tablet infront of it.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
:thud: a search would have answered your questions, but I'll be nice.

Yes, you have the 500, it should say Shaker 500 on the HU.

Yes to a 12v to 5v adapter. /thread.

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
Not much room to mount the deck deeper. Its tight in there. Especially once you add the new harnesses. If you have the circle subs in the door, you have the 500

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
OK thanks guys. The car is in storage so not able to check the head unit. Hmm if I can't mount the head unit deeper I may remote mount it somewhere. The review on this deck says its very shallow cause no CD player, so may be able to get away with it.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Why not just get an app radio and use mirror link? Then you don't have to bother with the tablet.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
Well holy crap never even knew about appradios. Definitely going that route! Thanks for the info!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back