Do Not Order Tuning from Brenspeed

WTBTraction

forum member
Reaction score
Bad Experience with Brenspeed

I dont know what happened in the past few years, but their turnaround times are horrible. Mind you, I spent almost 6 grand in the past with them for the supercharger and tuning on my S197. So I has hoping for another great experience.

Ordered an XCAL4 a few weeks ago with the intent to have some tunes on file for my STOCK vehicle (no intake). Got the XCAL, and was told unless I pay $50 I cant get the tunes in 24hours or whatever.

Their official policy is 5-7 business days for custom tuning...okay cool. I messaged earlier this week and was maybe hoping I could get it early. (Tuner ordered on the 10th) and they told me their only tuner was out racing this week and wont be back until Thursday.

lead time starts when the tuner is shipped out actually

^which was the 10th

I messaged on Thursday and was hoping to get the tunes by Friday maybe and was told to expect the tunes on Friday by 5pm.

Well, emailed and no response, they're closed.

I just have a stock car, and wanted to have some 93 octane tunes on file, but whatever. Just thought Id post this to advise anyone looking at Brenspeed, to look elsewhere. Deadlines I guess dont matter if you arent spending a lot of money.

Fast forward I get a response back and the guy working there put my stuff in the wrong folder which sat around too long.

I installed their 93 octane tune, and they set the fan settings so low they're always running and sounds like a jet plane taking off at idle when its above 200*. Not anywhere near stock.

Well I inquired about a tune revision and this is the response given back.

This will be done Thursday most likely

I respond back with:

Most likely? Is the tuner not available again until then? It takes almost a month to get my tunes, and a simple change takes almost a week? I was about to place an order for an intake this week, but if it takes this long for a stock car...

He send this back

Its a revision and those are typically done on Fridays. Yes he is leaving for an NMRA race Thursday. It could go Wednesday but I can't guarantee that.

I guess racing and having fun is more important than customer cars.

The old Brenspeed is gone. Typically Im really patient, but the fact they put little attention to their customers after they get their money now, makes feel really apprehensive dealing with a company for another large purchase. Maybe they've outgrown helping the little guys anymore and only truly deal with the big spenders.

Ill probably end up going with someone else now for future tuning.

Last edited:

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Glad to know, I know Terry's build has taken MUCH longer than forecast. Common problem for them these days it seems.

Sounds like they got big enough to have some fun, and forgot how they got where they are. Fuck em.

WTBTraction

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to know, I know Terry's build has taken MUCH longer than forecast. Common problem for them these days it seems.

Sounds like they got big enough to have some fun, and forgot how they got where they are. Fuck em.

Yep, I understand if they get busy, and sure its a "revision" , not a "problem" with the tune, but you would think in the guys mind behind the computer he would say. Oh damn let me go talk to Brent since I fucked up and it delayed this guys tune to begin with.

Rather than just saying, oh maybe youll get it this week, hes going racing on Thursday. And now you mention someones actual BUILD taking longer and the head tuner is out racing??? :wtf:

Garbage.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I don't see a tune revision taking a couple of days longer than expected a reason to tell people to not use them for anything...

But then again, I live like 4 miles from my tuner...

WTBTraction

forum member
Reaction score
I don't see a tune revision taking a couple of days longer than expected a reason to tell people to not use them for anything...

But then again, I live like 4 miles from my tuner...

Oh yep, taking almost a month to get a tune is cool though and then being told you may get a revision in a week MAYBE is fine too :) All because they wont be available because hes racing on Friday . Same excuse they told me last time and it took 3 weeks to get.

But yeah, when I spent a lot of money with them in the past, they were much quicker :)

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm running a canned tune from VMP on my '14 and it's perfect. No revisions, no datalogging, it just works great. The only minor flaw might be the first 30-60 seconds on very cold mornings, there's a tiny bit of hesitation leaving my driveway. I baby it down the street and by the time I get to the stop sign it's fine. Justin would probably fix it for me if I asked but I haven't bothered him about it.

Several other tuners are well known on this forum as well including Mid Atlantic Performance.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not the first issue like this I have read about....sorry to hear.

WTBTraction

forum member
Reaction score
I ended up ordering tuning from someone else today. Its a shame because I was planning on using them for my 15 when I supercharge it. It will be funny if I get the new tunes faster than they send me their "revisions" lol

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Boyyyyy....
If Terry (tigerhonaker) sees this thread he'll be devastated.

Where do you people get the audacity to bad mouth Brenspeed!?

LOL

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
I have obviously missed something over the last little while.... I don't see Brenspeed in the Vendor Forum area any longer. What happened ??

Last edited:

IndyEric

forum member
Reaction score
This is why I try to find smaller guys that know what they are doing. Big shops scare me.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think the boy wonder has other issues right now other than defending the "Holy Grail", lol!

Boyyyyy....

Where do you people get the audacity to bad mouth Brenspeed!?

LOL

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brenspeed always seemed pricey when I was looking for stuff.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Boyyyyy....

Where do you people....

...get the audacity...

...to bad mouth Brenspeed!?

BRENSPEEDtigermachineIDplatesMarch2620143_zps71756a5d.png

The%20Nmae%20TERRY%20in%20Bright%20Colors%20smaller%20size%20and%20Cropped_zpsbenqlpjf.png

Picture002-1-1-1.jpg

120x134MustangCollectiveprofileimage_zpsac8a25be.jpg

image.php

Terry
LOL

FIFY

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back