Do You Have Big Ballz? Tracspec Hood Vent Installed

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
A lot of corvette people are throwing the factory camaro hood vent on. Goes right on, cost about $100, and looks great. Would fit a mustang just fine too.
80-fullsizerender_19__86427e8d5bae6f112785a1380331564e59f7b408.jpg

Putting anything GM on my car would give my car AIDS, no thanks.:rainbowtoss::ROFLJest:

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Funny how I want a Ford rear end/tranny in my Chevy, and a Chevy motor in my Ford. Ohh well. I'm not brand loyal, I just like what works. No one would ever know where the scoop came from.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
I will not argue that the the position of the vent is critical. It isn't but there is better positioning and size and worse positioning and size. In the case of size bigger is better. In terms of positioning you want it over the gap between the radiator and the front of the motor. Two reasons the air has an easier time flowing through that huge gap and you want the vent where the air on the hood is moving the fastest. The faster the air is moving the lower the pressure. The Corvette install above kind fails on both accounts. It appears to me that it is no where near as big and that it is almost far enough back to starting getting into the high pressure zone in front of the windshield. You don't want to force the air out the vent if you can have the air moving over the car suck the air out of the vent. Remember for every additional cubic foot of air that move through that vent you get more air through the radiator and heat exchanger and less air forced under the car.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Yeah, that Corvette pic (and the Camaro where the vent cam from) seem to me like a fail. It's directly over the engine--seems like the worst place to put a vent to pull air out you could think of. Your vent looks like exactly the right place--air passing through the radiator will get sucked right out after passing through, running into the front of the engine & seeing that nice low-pressure opening to escape through.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
That looks pretty mean, especially on a track car.

Thanks. I agree. It definitely made a noticeable difference in the car's cooling over a 20 minute session at the track. I don't yet have the data to prove it though. Next time I make it to the track, I'll be doing some specific testing with my new datalogger to see just how much of a difference the vents make. On the street, I wasn't able to discern a difference between these vents and my GT500 vent I had installed before. My best guess as to why is just that the cooling system wasn't being taxed enough cruising around the street to show a difference.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
wow, gonna sell the hood, but refuse to sell the mechanical parts that go with it? what dicks.

Only thing from saleen I like is the rear bumper cover. But other parts are meh

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be kinda cool if they sold it as a functioning hood!

That reminds me of when I was a kid, my dad would bring home early 80's model Z28s from the dealership that had the "Air Induction" hood vents that would open up when you floored it. I thought that was the coolest thing ever!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be kinda cool if they sold it as a functioning hood!

That reminds me of when I was a kid, my dad would bring home early 80's model Z28s from the dealership that had the "Air Induction" hood vents that would open up when you floored it. I thought that was the coolest thing ever!

That takes me back. When I was a kid my Mom worked at Car & Driver. She would bring home Z28's and I would get a kick out of her going WOT and the flaps opening. Fun stuff when you're 11yrs old!!!

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
On top of all that it looks like shit at the front of the hood where it goes over the grill surround instead of meeting it like the factory style hood.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back