do you think i will win?

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, my uncle just bought a 2010 camaro ss/rs and he said he would bet me $500 that my stang will lose

his car is completely stock.
the mods to my car are: bbk longtubes, bbk orx, pypes mid muffler, c&l intake, mutha thumpr cams with brenspeed tune, gt500 throttle body, steeda pullies, beehive springs and phaser limiters.I am in the current process of switching transmissions from a auto to a 5spd.

will i beat him? i think i will

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
roll race or a dig? I am in the same boat, I will race my buddy's SRT stock Challenger in the next few days.:crazy:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, my uncle just bought a 2010 camaro ss/rs and he said he would bet me $500 that my stang will lose

his car is completely stock.
the mods to my car are: bbk longtubes, bbk orx, pypes mid muffler, c&l intake, mutha thumpr cams with brenspeed tune, gt500 throttle body, steeda pullies, beehive springs and phaser limiters.I am in the current process of switching transmissions from a auto to a 5spd.

will i beat him? i think i will

your advantage to run from a dig. have you ever tracked your car?

roll race or a dig? I am in the same boat, I will race my buddy's SRT stock Challenger in the next few days.:crazy:
you have no worries on that front.....

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
If you ran the 12.9X something like you told me you did at the track Andrew before the cams, you shouldn't be worried.

BCP

forum member
Reaction score
Shouldnt be a problem beating him, IMO. Heavier car, not broken in, etc. How proficient are you with a manual trans?

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
both of you better win with what information was laid out here. stock challenger srt8's can be beaten by practically stock gt's and the new ss comaro's at least from digs can be beaten pretty easily. now a new comaro from a roll i dont know much about. but for the op of this one. take his money

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you have no worries on that front.....

He seems pretty damn confident. And it will be a brisk 30 degrees out tommorow morning. My car feels like it gets a nitrous hit in this weather:beerchug2:

He even gave me the choice to run his 5.7 Challenger..:crazy:..But thats like blast fishing in a fishery:stooges:
both of you better win with what information was laid out here. stock challenger srt8's can be beaten by practically stock gt's and the new ss comaro's at least from digs can be beaten pretty easily. now a new comaro from a roll i dont know much about. but for the op of this one. take his money

Let me put it this way..If I lose, I will sell my car and buy the 2008 GT500 on my showroom floor..And there will be video tape of the race, weather permiting..

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He seems pretty damn confident. And it will be a brisk 30 degrees out tommorow morning. My car feels like it gets a nitrous hit in this weather:beerchug2:

He even gave me the choice to run his 5.7 Challenger..:crazy:..But thats like blast fishing in a fishery:stooges:

Let me put it this way..If I lose, I will sell my car and buy the 2008 GT500 on my showroom floor..And there will be video tape of the race, weather permiting..

go to the 3:40 mark

[SFIRE]Sunday-Morning-fun-6709_687414.htm[/SFIRE]

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
im going from a dig at the local track when the weather gets better. and ive driven manual for a few years. so i think i should be well set

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Come on man, are you seriously worried..........lol. I have a friend that has a Challenger with LT's and a tune and I think the best he ran was a low 14 or high 13. you will KILL him............LMAO

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
stock challenger srt8's can be beaten by practically stock gt's

have u raced any srt8's? they are pretty quick cars. let me see if i can dig up an old video of me with full bolt ons getting beat by one with an intake and catback.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Your mustang will kill the ss, as will the other mustang on the srt-8. Really, when it comes down to it our cars just need an intake/tune to keep up with the new camaros and srt-8s (when they're stock)

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
have u raced any srt8's? they are pretty quick cars. let me see if i can dig up an old video of me with full bolt ons getting beat by one with an intake and catback.
3vs197, yes i have raced srt8's before or i wouldnt have said that. as far as you having a fully bolted on gt and losing to one with a simple intake and catback, you need to learn how to drive. im not new to mustangs but im new to taking them to the dragstrip, and when my stang was just n/a with full boltons i was doing 12.5's all day. the srt8's ive seen, the fastest was 12.5 and he had full exhaust, intake, tune, and drag radials. most the srt8's ive seen usually run 13-14

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
:facepalm: i need to learn how to drive? really? i run 1.80 short times on fuzion street tires. and this was a first gear roll. ok u beat one with street tires and a shitty driver with your drag radial mustang, congrats. go race one on the street from a roll. with intake/catback/programmer they are making 400whp.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
3vs197, yes i have raced srt8's before or i wouldnt have said that. as far as you having a fully bolted on gt and losing to one with a simple intake and catback, you need to learn how to drive. im not new to mustangs but im new to taking them to the dragstrip, and when my stang was just n/a with full boltons i was doing 12.5's all day. the srt8's ive seen, the fastest was 12.5 and he had full exhaust, intake, tune, and drag radials. most the srt8's ive seen usually run 13-14

SRT-8s are low 13 second cars....they are not running 14s unless the driver is going in reverse.

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
go race one on the street from a roll. with intake/catback/programmer they are making 400whp.

Who cares... if a car can't get traction enough to go to a track and make a good pass... whats the point of having 400 HP? Hell... what's the point of having 200 HP if you can't get it to the ground.

Roll racing is for .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back