does lower control arms really work?

2011Black5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I Have 2011 with 570 rwhp running mt radials 275 60 15 supension mods are as follows : upper control ARM one piece drive shaft qa1 single in rear sway bar delete my question is will lca help and relocation brackets and with those tires any help on leaving with that setup with those tires thanks

KonaGT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure lower control arms will help some. Drag radials are going to be harder to hook with a manual than a bias ply slick. Not saying it can't be done just more difficult. Drag radials work better with auto's

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
im gettin 1.6 60' with lcas, relocation brackets and ford racing k-springs, i think they do their job well.

Bad Intention

forum member
Reaction score
If you are having problems with wheel hop the lca's will help eliminate keep tire planted better.
If your car is lowered you will also need lca brackets.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
The LCA relocation brackets will help whether the car is lowered or not. The angle upward to the chassis is what you are looking for to promote traction. IMO the LCAs themselves are over hyped. With the exception of the hyme joint type and with them there is a trade off of NVH.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I Have 2011 with 570 rwhp running mt radials 275 60 15 supension mods are as follows : upper control ARM one piece drive shaft qa1 single in rear sway bar delete my question is will lca help and relocation brackets and with those tires any help on leaving with that setup with those tires thanks

At your power level, LCAs will help. UPR & Lethal Performance recently did a suspension test on Lethal's 10-second Mustang for 5.0 Mustang mag. If I recall correctly, the control arms dropped a tenth in the quarter, but also made the passes more consistent overall.

We have these LCAs on our low 10 second 2010 GT with 700rwhp: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-solid-lower-control-arms-urethane-bushing-05.html

But honestly, I'd rather see you in these LCAs for drag racing: http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-pro-series-double-adjustable-lower-control-arms-hd-rear-05.html

These control arms with spherical bearings work really well.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We usually try to stick with the stock control arms on automatic cars for the nice ride quality. We will do what you have already done, relocation brackets, shocks,etc.. but on a stick shift car it does hit the suspension harder on a hard launch and the stock lower control arms will deflect some. A solid billet control arm is the way to go but some of the aftermarket units will create more NVH (noise, vibration, harness) and affect ride quality. The ones we have had the most success with however are the Roush billet lower control arms. They use a bushing design similar to stock but have a stiffer durameter and will handle hard launchs much better. Also because of the bushings the car rides nice, like stock, no extra noises or rattles

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
When only the best will do, say it with billet! These billet rear lower trailing arms replace the stamped steel OE parts, and depending on your desired performance goals are available with urethane bushings or a sperical bearing/urethane bushing combination for high horsepower applications.

These lightweight yet super strong arms reduce un-sprung weight and eliminate wheel hop. Steeda was first to market with these control arms and had them on the shelves even before the 2005+ Mustang was released thanks to our exclusive technology transfer program with Ford Motor Company. Steeda was the first to incorporate the proper design rear offset for the rear lower trailing arms.

Don't be fooled by other companies claiming to be first with this offset, yet they have only had their arms on the market a few months! Steeda's exclusive polyurethane bushing package also ensures smooth, quiet operation combined with performance. No increase in NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) with our poly bushings like competitors arms. Part number 555-4406 with a spherical bearing on one end and our exclusive poly bushings on the other is recommended for high horsepower applications and will only have a slight increase in NVH over the standard polyurethane bushing arms.

Don't settle for anything less than Steeda original innovation.

Note: 555-4406 recommended for 500+ horsepower applications. Slight increase in NVH will result from this part.

U.S. Patent Pending

Product Benefits
  • Eliminates wheel hop, improves traction.
  • Super strong billet construction.
  • Lighter than stock and competitors arms - reduced unsprung weight.
  • Used on the fastest production built Mustangs
http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-billet-lower-control-arms-for-2005-and-up-ford-mustang.html

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
"the proper design rear offset for the rear lower trailing arms"

Can someone explain what that means? (and how that might be different from other billet aluminum control arms)

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I'm getting 1.4-1.5 60's with LCA, Relo Brackets, Ford K springs and Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back