Dome light issue

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
Where is the dome light fuse located I can't find a fuse box diagram that clearly shows it if someone has one or knows it would really help me out. I know it's a stupid question and probably could find it if I used the search but I'm on my phone and it's easier to ask.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
What year is your mustang?

Try this....

FUSE # 61 20A** Power point #1 (Instrument panel)

ALSO CHECK THIS FUSE SAME FUSE BOX:

FUSE # 64 20A** Power point #2 (Console)

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Or this...

2012-01-02_032201_1.gif

Last edited:

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
It's a 2005 and my problem is that they won't turn off for some reason while the car is on off driving parked doesn't matter. All the doors and the trunk and hood are closed the switches are all off I don't know what it could be.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is a dimmer switch by your headlight switch if you turn it too bright/high it will click and the dome light stays on all the time. Check that.

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
Not the issue... I've been through that one before this one seems a lot more involved and I cant be bothered to deal with it right now I just disconnected the wiring harness to theights for now. I'll deal with it when everything else is finished and I have the patience.

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
So I know this is weird but I'm going to let it be for now I unplugged the harness and then plugged it in again to use the light tonight and now the lights turn on and off with no issues go figure.

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
So I know this is weird but I'm going to let it be for now I unplugged the harness and then plugged it in again to use the light tonight and now the lights turn on and off with no issues go figure.

Electricity is funny that way! Another reason why with what I do in the Navy once we plug the system together and test it you CAN NOT unplug anything! Congrats!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It ok you can tell us that it was just the dimmer switch we wont hold it against you... lol jk glad its fixed.

OhhFiveGt

forum member
Reaction score
It ok you can tell us that it was just the dimmer switch we wont hold it against you... lol jk glad its fixed.

Lol trust me that has happened to me once before and I couldn't have been more confused as to what it was... Needless to say how you feel when you realize it's something so simple.

Although this time was different I just hope it stays working and don't run into more issues.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
It's a 2005 and my problem is that they won't turn off for some reason while the car is on off driving parked doesn't matter. All the doors and the trunk and hood are closed the switches are all off I don't know what it could be.

Mine is doing the same, it's definitely not my headlight switch. They do turn off when the starter is engaged and come right back on, and they also turn off after sitting with the car off for a few minutes. Car running, they will not turn off.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back