dont understand whats going on

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
i just replaced my shaker 500 hu for an aftermarket double din. i also bought and installed a PAC interface since i wanted to retain use of the subs and door switch. Everything is hooked up and working fine and the way it should but i stumbled on the fact that even with the car off and key out and door open i can still turn the radio on. Now i know with the stock hu you can activate the clock or load and eject cd's with the key off and such but since it being an aftermarket unit can the radio still be active due to that stock head units feature?

Last edited:

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be able to turn it on without the key in the car.

I wonder if the constant and switched power wires coming out of the headunit were both connected to constant on the car?

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
Everything is connected correctly. Switched wire loses power when the key is off or when the door is open. Like i stated before everything works like it should regarding it shutting off when i open the door but im able to turn it back on if i wanted too. Also if i turn it back on after the car is off it wont trigger the subs until the key is switched on

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are there any accessories you added to the head unit? Satellite radio, Bluetooth module (external), HD Radio receiver, etc?

G.T

Reaction score
as long as your constant and switched power sources are right.. i think this may be a "feature" of the new head unit!

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
No external accesories except xm sat radio but that gets plugged and unplugged via the aux jack and it gets unplugged everytime. Im thinking it must be a "feature"

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back