drive to tuner after installs?

SuperchargedStang

forum member
Reaction score
after installing a new fuel system, 39lb injectors and gt500 fuel pump kit, and put on my jlt cai, do you think i would be able to drive 30 mins to my tuner?
he is going to be putting on the new pulley then tuning it.

SickGT

forum member
Reaction score
If you have AAA, you could just have them tow it there. I wouldn't chance it, especially since you just put that stuff on there. Would suck to have it drive fine, then throw a bunch of codes and be stranded.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you need a base tune IMO, the injectors and CAI dictate such

topic covered many times

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
My 2c: if you don't want to pay the shop to do it, install the pump, but dont connect it to power, and just install the cai and injectors in the parking lot at the shop, since it's simple enough. (and connect the pump)

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Th car will get you there with the GT500 pump installed. As stated above, swap the CAI and the injectors in the parking lot or get the shop to give you a base tune for the injectors and MAF housing size to get you there.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Like already stated the pumps will be fine to drive without a tune. The tuner should be able to give you a tune to get you there.

What size of injectors were you running prior to the 39lb?

SuperchargedStang

forum member
Reaction score
I have been running the stock i think they are 24's? not sure but the stock injectors, Yeah, I have AAA, maybe I will just have them tow me, or install right before I get there in the parking lot or whatever. haha. injectors and CAI wouldn't take alot of time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back