Eibach Multi Pro R2

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
The V3's would probably be a better choice for most people. The V3's are better quality, the R2's are more "technology".

The V3's are also easier to install.

As a "suspension guy" I like the R2's. But I can deal with their few downsides in stride. And I put mine on a "race car". For your average Joe with a DD/TD car the V3's would be the better choice.

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
V3's are $2000 for twintubes that do not come with camber plates. The progressive springs they come with might not be too bad for dual purpose, but neither are the linear springs you can get with ground control. Ground Control are less expensive.

I'm not saying KW doesn't make a quality product. I just think their price point is off.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
V3's are $2000 for twintubes that do not come with camber plates. The progressive springs they come with might not be too bad for dual purpose, but neither are the linear springs you can get with ground control. Ground Control are less expensive.

I'm not saying KW doesn't make a quality product. I just think their price point is off.

I forgot about the progressive springs, yuck.:yuck:

IMHO the KW's are a lot better than the GC stuff. $1600 coilovers are an oxymoron.

Arustik

forum member
Reaction score
I forgot about the progressive springs, yuck.:yuck:

IMHO the KW's are a lot better than the GC stuff. $1600 coilovers are an oxymoron.

Plus V3 has a lifetime warranty which is always good for rebuilds. I don't touch them because they are progressive.

Arustik

forum member
Reaction score
Ive had my vorshlag eibach R2 CC for about a year now, thought they would have still had the dimensions..

To Arustik, Tenders on bottom, helpers on top is what they say, although I personally believe it doesn't matter. Tenders has very low spring rate, helpers have zero(nearly) spring rate. My kit came with Tenders, installed on top. Install the delrin isolators from eibach, it will allow the springs to not be metal on metal.

I've messaged them back with what you suggested. The noises are becoming super annoying. I'll try tightening the hex nut at the top as well (csamsh suggested), tough to get in there with my socket though because the camber adjustment aligns the nut within a few mm of strut tower hole cutout.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Aren't KW's and GC's both Koni Yellow inserts anyway?? More or less the same thing?

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
Aren't KW's and GC's both Koni Yellow inserts anyway?? More or less the same thing?

Uhhh... no. KW doens't use Koni inserts or parts anymore. Rumor was that they used to. The GC's do use Koni inserts but I wouldn't classify them as the "Yellows" because they are far more generic than yellows are (which are application specific).

I think KW spends more time with data driven damping curves whereas GC uses a test'n'tweak routine to fine tune the valving for the dampers. I suppose in that regard they are "superior" but there are a number of advantages to the GC setup that makes them one of the best bang for the buck coilovers on the market.

Dispute it all you want but they use 2.5" coilover springs, are cut to the correct height to work with the ride heights the coilovers are designed for, the valving is pretty damn good and the strut bodies are beefy as hell. Ohh yeah, camber plates too in a $1650 (shipped) set of coilovers. I think they walk the better part of the line between street coilovers and performance coilovers.

Are they as good as AST, Moton, JRi, Penske, MCS, etc? Hell no, but I'm not paying $1300 per strut to have to rebuild the damn thing every year either. Obviously AST put themselves in a great position between stupid high end coilovers and the more street oriented coilovers but the longevity of GC's Koni's is pretty well documented and that is important for dual purpose cars IMO.

Eibach on the other hand makes great springs, but their dampers have traditionally been shit in the valving department. NO way in hell I'd touch their coilovers.

sheizasosay

Alive
Reaction score
Roush contracted KW to build the Trak Pak coilovers to a certain spec because KW apparently has a fancy 7 post shaker rig. Roush used those coilovers on the Roush 427R Trak Pak cars.

The data that was collected during that contract was used, by KW, to make the kW Clubsports. There must have been an agreement for KW to not offer something similiar as the Roush offering. I think that is why KW does not offer a rebound adjustable KW "V2".

The way I understand it, the KW Club Sport coilovers that Gmitch rebuilt for/with his friend are actually the exact ones that were on that 7 post shaker rig.

Whiskey11

Reaction score
Aren't most Eibach coilovers re-branded KW's?

No idea if they are or they aren't. If the valving is at all like their shocks/struts they offer for the "conventional" setup then I have about as much faith in their valving as I want to drink punch with a turd floating in it.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
No idea if they are or they aren't. If the valving is at all like their shocks/struts they offer for the "conventional" setup then I have about as much faith in their valving as I want to drink punch with a turd floating in it.

Where are you getting this info on the valving from? I would be interested in seeing some data.

Whiskey11

Reaction score
Where are you getting this info on the valving from? I would be interested in seeing some data.

I have yet to meet a person who has gone from their shocks/struts to something else (even Tokico D-Specs) who hasn't reported better ride, better handling and overall better control over the chassis of the vehicle. That suggests to me poor valving on Eibach's part. Hence why I said, if the R2's valving is at all like their off the shelf shocks/struts then that will leave a lot to be desired. I don't have any "hard" evidence otherwise just that they haven't had the greatest record for valving shocks/struts. Kinda like Ford for that fact.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I have yet to meet a person who has gone from their shocks/struts to something else (even Tokico D-Specs) who hasn't reported better ride, better handling and overall better control over the chassis of the vehicle.
Now you have.

That suggests to me poor valving on Eibach's part. Hence why I said, if the R2's valving is at all like their off the shelf shocks/struts then that will leave a lot to be desired. I don't have any "hard" evidence otherwise just that they haven't had the greatest record for valving shocks/struts. Kinda like Ford for that fact.

So hearsay and bullshit from a bunch of suspension laymen that may or may not even be able to drive? Gotcha.:highfive:

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Plus V3 has a lifetime warranty which is always good for rebuilds. I don't touch them because they are progressive.

As a seller of many brands of shocks, both past and present, some of which have had "lifetime warranties" at one time or another, let me just tell you all now: nobody has a lifetime warranty on shocks. Not really, not 100% of the time. I don't care what it says on the box, they will find a way to charge you for something if the product comes back damaged. Often times it really is user error or mis-use, too. And I don't blame them all for this - except for the fact that they shouldn't bother stating lifetime warranty just because their competitor does.

So don't buy some racing-oriented performance part, then hold your breath when it breaks - expecting a free replacement or rebuild in a timely manner. Sure, some brands are so cheap that they can afford to give out one free replacement here and there. I've seen that happen with some up-and-coming Chinese shock resellers... for a while. I knew some guys who got 1, 2 and even 3 replacements before the company finally shut down their warranties (and often their businesses).

And even the occasional Koni gets replaced for free when it leaks (their service interval isn't much better than others, it is just hard to tell when they are blown because they don't feel that much different and rarely leak externally). Koni usually has a trailer with some technicians in it at the SCCA Solo Nationals, where they offer free rebuilds on site... which is cool. But they can't recharge the Nitrogen "bag" inside, so they will "de-gas" it for you for free, heh. Sometimes they will try to even convince you this is an upgrade.

This scene from the movie Tommy Boy really sums up my feelings on "Lifetime Guarantee" promises. Seriously.

Well, technically they are different brands and companies. But how did KW founder Klaus Wohlfarth get his start? As a Koni rebuilder, then a Koni cusomizer, then Koni fired him and he start his own gig - mostly making twin tubes like Koni. Don't take my word for it...

This inside look at KW is pretty cool, but they show a lot of monotube products that simply aren't sold in the USA (because they tend to start at $7000+), so remember - what they sell here is pretty much a Koni.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back