Eibach Multi Pro R2

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I like the vorshlag design, but I think it may make my car sit higher since has more height
That won't be the case. We never make a camber plate that will raise the car, or have a higher stack-up height than the stock top mount. If we cannot match or minimize stack-up height we have failed. We go to great lengths to minimize stack-up height in our designs.

DSC_8328-S.jpg
DSC_9543-S.jpg

On a Vorshlag camber plate + perch combination made to work with the OEM diameter springs (stock or lowering springs) we make a point to try to MATCH the stock stack-up height of the top mount, as closely as possible. This is so we neither raise nor lower a car with the spherical camber plate replacement (see above left). For one of our camber plates made for a coilover spring perch set-up, which goes on a coilover spring/height adjustable strut, we DO minimize stack-up height, to add suspension travel.

327979993_bzRSr-S.jpg
327979991_mWHUT-S.jpg

For coilover set-ups where maintaining maximum suspension travel for a given ride height is crucial, we offer a 5mm shorter spring perch/radial bearing combination. This is what we normally put on race cars, but all of my street cars use these. They work great. The double row sealed radial bearing is over-engineered and normally outlasts the car. The single row is might last 3-5 years of hard street/track use, so we normally just go with the double row.

While our camber plates are unusual in that they are always sold with new upper spring perches, that have an integral radial bearing to maximize spherical bearing life, we still make them so they do not raise your car. They might look thicker but in practice they won't raise the ride height. Just wanted to clear that up.

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
What's your warranty like? If the double row won't add height to my coilover I will buy a set

Sent from my iPhone 5

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
What's your warranty like? If the double row won't add height to my coilover I will buy a set

Sent from my iPhone 5

If you're looking to use these to get a good stance, take them and sell them now. You bought the wrong coils brotha. Mine are slammed and still have about an inch gap up front and probably 2" in the rear

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
What coils are you on? I am happy with how low I am but I am near the limit. Function is more important to me but I am getting tired of these

Sent from my iPhone 5

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
Did you cut your bump stops? Mine are so close to touching

Sent from my iPhone 5

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Eibach is full it. No web site anywhere I have seen indicates that set up come with 250s all the way around what's more it will over steer like crazy with the same spring rates all around. Eibach sold the R2 coil overs with 350 fronts 250 rears from 2005 to 2010 all of a sudden they have 250 front and back? Sorry not likely.

By the way did you check is that spacer between the spring and seat a slider bearing?

jymontoya

forum member
Reaction score

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
Eibach is full it. No web site anywhere I have seen indicates that set up come with 250s all the way around what's more it will over steer like crazy with the same spring rates all around. Eibach sold the R2 coil overs with 350 fronts 250 rears from 2005 to 2010 all of a sudden they have 250 front and back? Sorry not likely.

By the way did you check is that spacer between the spring and seat a slider bearing?

There is no radial/thrust bearing at all.. Its simply a pillow ball with an adapter on top and bottom, they say that the pillowball is supposed to be what rotates (im just telling you what eibach is saying) There is no flat bearing like what maximum motorsports use, or radial bearing like vorshlag.. Only thing that can allow rotation (even if its not supposed to) is the upper pillowball

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Well that won't work. Pity because the Eibach shocks are pretty nice and when paired with the MM caster chamber plates work awesome. But you have to get the right spring rates which Eibach is not supplying anymore it seems. There is absolutely nothing changed on the 5.0 that would warrant lighter spring rates. When I was shopping I talked to someone at Eibach they wouldn't swap springs and I wasn't about to buy shocks with springs I already knew were wrong.

jymontoya

forum member
Reaction score
Well that won't work. Pity because the Eibach shocks are pretty nice and when paired with the MM caster chamber plates work awesome. But you have to get the right spring rates which Eibach is not supplying anymore it seems. There is absolutely nothing changed on the 5.0 that would warrant lighter spring rates. When I was shopping I talked to someone at Eibach they wouldn't swap springs and I wasn't about to buy shocks with springs I already knew were wrong.

^ THIS!

If anything, the 5.0 + 6spd is heavier, but certainly not enough to warrant different springs!

If it were me, I'd buy new springs and Maximum Motorsports plates from MM, and be done with it already. Maximum Motorsports has great customer service and intimate experience with these Eibach's. If you buy it all from them, I'm sure they will have no problem walking you through any questions.

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
After reading Vorshlags link, I was turned away from MM bearing design. I think there is better engineering into Vorshlags design, but you definitely pay more for them. The kits that used the 350 spring used a tender spring with a lower rate, so may be that tender spring plus heavy spring was change to just a lighter spring. I am not sure, but I don't understand why Eibach would change it unless for the better.

jymontoya

forum member
Reaction score
Vorshlag's plates are certainly very nice, but there's nothing wrong with the MM plates, and they have THOUSANDS of hard proven track miles. You really can't go wrong with either.

Believing that Eibach wouldn't change it unless it was better just shows how clueless you are. This isn't rocket science. There's no cutting edge innovation with these coilovers. Take our advice, or don't but YOU are the one with the PROBLEM. We're just trying to help you with knowledge and first hand experience. Pretending that Eibach knows best even after all these problems is like believing that ObamaCare is a good solution.

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
Well if Eibach did testing, and came up with 350 front and 250 rear. and that was okay, why would they just change everything out of the blue. If something works and is proven why would they change it, unless they saw the need to.

Again those rates were a different kit, so there must have been some reason for them to make a new kit for the 2011-2013, that included different spring rates, removed the tender springs, and used helper springs.

Can you suggest why they would make so many changes to an already developed kit?

If I thought Eibach knew best, I would not be on here collecting idea, on the other hand if Eibach says these are the spring rates that are supposed to be there, then they are not going to just send me different springs because I say so.

You guys are awfully quick with the clueless or helpless comments. Again when I tell Eibach everything is wrong, because I was told on a forum, and they say no its right. What am I to do.

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
Just taking a look on the Eibach website, which doesn't list spring rates..

From 2005-2010 used the 35101 kits

From 2011-2013 they use 35125 kits

There coilover kit, and lowering spring kits all changed, there must be a reason

steve13gt

forum member
Reaction score
Actually just went out and checked, my front spring rate is 225. cant manage to see my rear spring rate yet

Back