Eibach pro-kit lowering springs installation advice

hugh

Reaction score
im sure theres million threads on this but i need quick advice
i have a 2007 mustang gt ive settled on the Eibach pro kit springs because they claim it wont quite be 1.5 inches but close anyway my question is is there anything else you guys who are experienced in lowering our cars think i will need, i have
the pro kit springs
whiteline adjustable panhard bar
koni shocks and struts
whiteline lower control arms.
anything else i should get before i start working on it, and im also going to get an alignment after we're through installing them... thanks in advance

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Much of the OEM hardware is one time use and should be replaced.
The strut bolts and nuts should be upgraded to the '11-14 fine pitch hardware.
Remember to keep the LCA/UCA/PHB hardware loose and tighten it with the suspension loaded.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lower control arm brackets would be a good addition.
I've re-used most of the suspension bolts numerous times and they have held their torque values. The front sway bar end links are the only ones that I had trouble with.
The service manual calls for a torque value rather than a torque and an angle so most of the bolts on an 05-10 can be re-used.

hugh

Reaction score
thank both of yall very much i will be getting the brackets and up grading to 11-14

TheDarkPath

forum member
Reaction score
Upper strut mounts are a good upgrade to do while you are in there. I didn't upgrade mine when I first lowered my 06 GT and after some time, one failed and starting having a clunk/pop noise. I replaced mine with MM caster camber plates but you can get GT500 upper mounts as an upgrade as well.

Stevejr

Reaction score
I just lowed mine with some cheap springs from American muscle. Dropped it around 1.25in. I didnt have to replace anything other than the upper strut mounts. One accidently came apart sk I replaced both.

20191013_152544.jpg

07 Boss

Reaction score
One thing that worked well when I installed my ProKit springs was that I clocked my strut mounts 180*. This will bring your camber back to factory spec or at least closer to spec. It will wear them faster but you shouldn't have to make any camber adjustments for the drop.

Geosh

Reaction score
Or get some camber plates while you have it all apart. That is what I did on my first Mustang and it allowed me to dial in the alignment just right.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Or get some camber plates while you have it all apart. That is what I did on my first Mustang and it allowed me to dial in the alignment just right.

Yes the proper way to do it would be to buy some camber plates or some adjustable strut mounts. But for a mild drop you might not be out of spec and if you are it is going to be minimal. The clocking of the strut mounts is a simple, inexpensive way to adjust the camber that may or may not work, but in most cases it will. Once I went lower I did need some more adjust-ability but I have since raised it back up a bit. My strut mounts are currently in the proper orientation and I have just over -2* on the drivers side and about 2.5* on the passenger side. I actually like it this way as it feels there is more bite on initial turn in.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Bunch of good suggestions in here. I used the Pro Kit with some fresh strut mounts, adjustable PHB and that was it, been running and riding great for years.

hugh

Reaction score
for the strut mounts im looking on AM and they have OPR replacement mounts or gt500 upgrade which would yall recommend or which did you use

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Unless your lowered by 1.5"or more? bumpsteer kits are not necessary. The Eibach pro kit springs lower the front suspension by no more than 1.3" max. I've ran the pro kit springs for many years with just GT500 strut mounts, BMR adjustable PHB, Eibach camber bolts and Koni yellow adjustable strut/shocks. Both caster/camber alignment are within Ford factory specs. However it would be recommended to add a bumptsteer kit with the Eibach sport spring kit which lowers the front suspension approx 1.7"

Last edited:

hugh

Reaction score
thanks im ordering some gt500 strut mounts and already have adjustable PHB, KONI orange shock and struts (got them last christmas for a gift) whats yalls opinion of the KONI str.t orange shocks and struts??

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Camber bolts and clock your strut mounts 180* should cover it. I'm lowered 2" all around and my alignment shop offered me a job when I told them it was a "driveway alignment". Lol!

TANN3R_

Reaction score
hello,
I planning to lower my 05GT with the Eibach pro kit. I just can´t find the rear spring insulators. Is there some eshop, where I can get them?

Now I have the H&R coilover kit on car, wich I already bought with the car, so I don´t have the original factory insulators..

Thank you in advance.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
KONI orange shock and struts (got them last christmas for a gift) whats yalls opinion of the KONI str.t orange shocks and struts??

Several people have had them leak after a yr or so of driving. I had both leak, warrantied and then the new set leaked. My opinion is they are junk.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back