Exedy hydraulic throw out bearing

hunter1022

forum member
Reaction score
Hey gang I am getting ready to change my clutch I want to go to a Ram Power Grip or the Exedy Mach 500 stage 3 and was wondering if any one here has used the Excedy Throw out bearing with there aftermarket clutch and what they thought of it, Thanks

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Is this the stock one that comes in the kit? I ordered a kit for the older generation car so that I could put a genuine Ford slave in. I don't think anyone has had issues with the Exedy supplied slave. IIRC it's a Dorman.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
To add onto this a little, does anyone know if it'll work with a TR6060?

It's the same slave for a 3650 or 6060. I'm using a Motorcraft slave for a GT with my Exedy clutch and 6060. The main difference when going to a 6060 is the 26 spline hub. I've seen you post about it so you already have that part covered.

demarcom

forum member
Reaction score
I contacted exedy about this issue a year ago and they said it's the Ford part without the ford OEM stamping on it. Made by the same OEM manuf.

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't Dorman make it for Ford? I have an Exedy 500 and I'm pleased with it. I will say that mine grabs quick and required more force to press down on the clutch pedal.

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
I've been using the slave that comes with my exedy with no issues. I have about 1k miles on it.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
It's the same slave for a 3650 or 6060. I'm using a Motorcraft slave for a GT with my Exedy clutch and 6060. The main difference when going to a 6060 is the 26 spline hub. I've seen you post about it so you already have that part covered.

That's what I thought, because the shaft diameters are the same even though the splines are different numbers.

hunter1022

forum member
Reaction score
I had read a post where someone said it would not work with there Ram Clutch so I wanted to be sure if that's the route I go but if it is the same as the oem I can't see how it won't work I am pretty sure my oem is bad so when I pull the tranny I am going to replace every thing this Exedy hydraulic throw out bearing is listed as better for higher clamping loads of aftermarket clutches but if it is the same as the oem I don't see how it is going to be any better sure don't want to have to do this twice.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
FWIW people have issues with the Ram and McLeod slaves. IMO the best way to get maximum clutch holding power is with a twin disk clutch. Two smaller clutches require less pressure plate force to hold but have more surface area than one larger clutch.

The McLeod RST is what I used with my higher hp builds. Right now I'm using an Exedy 07806. It's held everything that's been thrown at it just fine.

Here is a link to a thread where I was asking questions about the exedy slave. You may find it interesting.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104543&highlight=exedy+clutch

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Multi disk clutches are awesome.

What's the translation Bruce? A twin disk has twice the torque rating as the equivalent single disk with the same pedal effort?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Multi disk clutches are awesome.

What's the translation Bruce? A twin disk has twice the torque rating as the equivalent single disk with the same pedal effort?

Something like that. The rst clutches I've had (10 and 26 spline) both required less pedal effort than a stock clutch. I'd say the Exedy I have now is a little more than stock but I haven't felt a stock clutch in about 4 years so it's a guess.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Something like that. The rst clutches I've had (10 and 26 spline) both required less pedal effort than a stock clutch. I'd say the Exedy I have now is a little more than stock but I haven't felt a stock clutch in about 4 years so it's a guess.

Interesting...

I have a Centerforce clutch now, just a single plate that's like 500hp. Unfortunately it's not a 26 spline, so I'll need to get a new friction plate for the 6060. If it's a ridiculous amount I may just get a twin disk.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Interesting...

I have a Centerforce clutch now, just a single plate that's like 500hp. Unfortunately it's not a 26 spline, so I'll need to get a new friction plate for the 6060. If it's a ridiculous amount I may just get a twin disk.

Is your centerforce installed? My first aftermarket clutch for the Mustang was a centerforce dual friction. It worked great until the slave went out about 1600 miles later. After that I went rst.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Is your centerforce installed? My first aftermarket clutch for the Mustang was a centerforce dual friction. It worked great until the slave went out about 1600 miles later. After that I went rst.

Not yet. I bought it after doing my DOB but blew up the engine before I could get around to putting it in.

It's a dual friction as well.

hunter1022

forum member
Reaction score
So if the exedy throw out bearing is made by the same company that supplies ford and they tend to fail with these higher clamp load pressure plates what's the fix I will just smoke a lighter clutch the exedy bearing I got came from American muscle and there video says it's a perfect upgrade for an after market clutch with higher clamping loads and even is recommended for there clutches wow I am confused

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back