exhaust

clapol812

Reaction score
does it hurt to delete the exhaust from the 4.6 engine. i have been told without back pressure it will not run right. i run strait pipes and have noticed a drop in gas milage. no check engine light on though

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So u took off the exhaust manifolds, h-pipe, cats, over the axle pipes and mufflers?

:crazy:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My gas mileage went way down when I put in an O/R pipe and didnt tune for it..

Agent007

forum member
Reaction score
My gas mileage has shot down by around 30-35% due to lack of tune after my LT/ off road prochamber install. It does not pay to wait on the tune! It will pay for itself in a matter of a week or so if your car is a DD like mine. I put $51 in every four days going to work and back, should be able to cut this down to about every 5-5.5 days after a tune.

Shelbgt05

forum member
Reaction score
I have been told different views on this. Some people say you lose backpressure it is good, and others say you need alittle backpressure. I personally run pypes offroad x and Pype bomb muffler delete. It's pretty loud but I like it. When I first threw my x pipe on without a retune it made my gas mileage horrible , it was also laging in low revs.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I dont have numbers to back this up, but my car felt faster after I installed 10" resonators. They helped with some back pressure and it felt like it didnt wind out so quick..

Shelbgt05

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have numbers to back this up, but my car felt faster after I installed 10" resonators. They helped with some back pressure and it felt like it didnt wind out so quick..

I heard something like this. My buddy had said something about how he straight pipe it then come time for inspection he threw his flowmasters back on and he said it flet so much better. I'm actually thinking about cutting and welding in some pypes m80 mufflers. Still have not made my mind up.

BIGGS254

Reaction score
Im running stock manifolds with a pypes ORX and flows with a BAMA tune and my gas mileage actually increased quiet a bit.

Silversky545

forum member
Reaction score
Im looking at mid mounting Borla stingers w hooker long tubes bassani off road x and running a magnaflow "echo" tip (12"x4") sorta like the muffler deletes you people spend too much money on... I'll post a video if I decide to pick up the borlas

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back