F150 Ecoboost Builds

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I still haven't leveled the truck out yet you think I'll have a problem with them rubbing until I find time to do that?
The diameter of the wheel doesn't have anything to do with rubbing, its the tire size, wheel offset, and wheel width that you have to consider. 18" vs 20" on the same overall width and height of tire shouldn't cause one to rub or another to not rub.

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
I understand that but from what I've read some guys have had problems with 20's rubbing. The ones I'm looking at are 33x12.50 so I don't think they'll rub but I could be wrong

05yellowgt

Reaction score
It all depends on the width and offset of the wheels you are going to be going with. The wheels being 18 or 20 inch wouldn't factor in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Just took a few quick pictures today. It's not very clean but it looks okay in the pictures. I've added tinted tailights, Boost Bar front lower grille that I modified and added a front mounted WiFi camera.

Exteriorcopy_zps8ea066b0.jpg

Frontcopy_zps46ad0a18.jpg

Finally got my iPad Mini float mount back. I'm thinking about having it hydrodipped. I finally found a film that actually matches the OEM FX4 faux carbon pattern.

iPadDashcopy_zpsa7fdc9f9.jpg

I also pulled the cable through the right cubby so that if I ever do need to do something that requires the 'radio faceplate buttons' I won't have to remove the dash. I keep the little button panel in the center console and can just plug it in. I pulled it out for the photo but it tucks back where you can't see it.

RadioPlugcopy_zpsa1004d7e.jpg

Getting ready to order some wheels and tires what do you all think I should go with 18's or 20's

20s without a doubt.

Last edited:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Looks good!

Ford recently came out with an intercooler "cover" to go over that lower opening starting with the '14 ecoboost trucks. I bought one a couple months ago to fill that empty void. Not a great picture but you get the idea.
C31D902D-3CC4-40D1-88E4-725B7BF601EB_zpsuh8dma57.jpg

also a buddy and I have been working on putting an Icon lift on his '12 Ram Longhorn so yesterday decided to roll his BMF wheels on 37's out to the truck.
99DFCEE0-DD78-4A3F-94BF-AA82D220503D_zpsqvytfeom.jpg

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Thanks. I like that for the opening, it's definitely better. Nice wheels. I like a lot of the BMF wheels. I need to get some tires on mine soon, leaning towards Toyo M/Ts right now.. I'm thinking about ordering some shocks for it. Can't decide between Bilstein 5100s or Rancho RS9000s. The Ranchos seem to ride better if you like smooth and I do. But, the quality on the Bilsteins is good enough to make me want them.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I've read that the bilsteins are a bit stiffer at full lift but with the valving on bumpy roads, there is no comparison to stock....also seen a few failures at full lift show up on the forums which makes me somewhat skeptical. I've always been partial myself as I had a set of bilsteins on my old F250 and liked them but I'm not sure what to thank for the f150. Like you said, rancheo is certainly another option but not quite the same reputation.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I've read that the bilsteins are a bit stiffer at full lift but with the valving on bumpy roads, there is no comparison to stock....also seen a few failures at full lift show up on the forums which makes me somewhat skeptical. I've always been partial myself as I had a set of bilsteins on my old F250 and liked them but I'm not sure what to thank for the f150. Like you said, rancheo is certainly another option but not quite the same reputation.

Yup the Bilsteins seem to be flat out stiffer than both OEM and Ranchos. I like the ability to adjust the shocks slightly as well. I had them in the past on my 2004 F150 and really liked them. I think I like the appearance of Bilstein more. However the Rancho kit is nice because I could do the Quicklift coilovers which are pretty cheap. Either way I go I'm going to use the 2" Autospring and keep the shocks at zero lift.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Back in an EB F150. 2014 Limited. This year they introduced ingot silver and blue jean metallic and removed red metallic. They also went to a dark blue interior.

5y9aja5y.jpg

Sent from my SCT X4 using Tunatwat

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Very nice truck! I'm assuming it's 4WD and you didn't add the tow hooks, right? Can you post pictures of the interior? I want to see that!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Yeah it's 4WD. Chrome tow hooks are standard, all that bling bling. All I did was remove the reflectors and replace them with the blackouts and install my stubby antenna.

Pics per your request. I love the interior.

y9uduteq.jpg

9e3ezu9y.jpg

qavy6uda.jpg

Dash is a combination of a gloss black and brushed titanium.

u4yvaja3.jpg

ajumyven.jpg

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I didn't wanna be an ass for assuming anything. Awesome looking truck. Does the metal nameplate in the seat touch your back at all? I really like the brushed aluminum look.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
It's all good. I'm not a fan of chrome but it's tastefully done throughout the truck. The limited nameplate on the seat doesn't really bother you. The seats are firm enough to where you can't feel it it behind you.

Biggest thing you have to worry about though is the medallion badge on the center console. I had a 2013 Limited last year and I got in the truck on a 100* day and burned the shit out of my arm Lol.

I agree the aluminum dash look is very nice.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Yeah the center console lid is the one thing I actually hate, sorry. It's so darn gaudy looking and I agree I would have 3 degree burns in Florida.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it's 4WD. Chrome tow hooks are standard, all that bling bling. All I did was remove the reflectors and replace them with the blackouts and install my stubby antenna.

Pics per your request. I love the interior.

Dash is a combination of a gloss black and brushed titanium.

u4yvaja3.jpg

Nice truck. What's with the 4A on the know? Are they now doing an all wheel drive and a 4x4 setting?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back