Factory Headunit Help

Skudra

Reaction score
I have an 05 GT and for some reason the factory radio does not want to keep my CD's. Everytime I go to load a CD, it just spits right it back out. That goes for store bought CD's, burnt CD's, DVD's, everything. I can't remember if it says anything when it spits it out, but I dont think it does.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
Are you the original owner of this car?? If not, then the previous owner might have been into say Heavy Metal and now you are trying to put in like Rap and it is spitting it out because that is not its style.

or

something is messed up with your unit =P

I kid! I dont know what could be wrong man. is it a shaker 500?

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you would like my headunit PM me, I am sure we can work something out.

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You don't want to take it to the dealership and have it replaced if you are out of your warranty period. You can buy one hell of a nice aftermarket head unit for what the dealership is going to charge you for a factory replacement. If you just insist on having a factory replacement, take someone up on their offer (i.e. MCL40) or pick one up on ebay. You should be able to find them cheap enough. Hell, I gave mine away.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You don't want to take it to the dealership and have it replaced if you are out of your warranty period. You can buy one hell of a nice aftermarket head unit for what the dealership is going to charge you for a factory replacement. If you just insist on having a factory replacement, take someone up on their offer (i.e. MCL40) or pick one up on ebay. You should be able to find them cheap enough. Hell, I gave mine away.

+1 I changed mine out so I could install a SOS gauge/radio panel. If you are close I will swap yours with mine for beer.

Last edited:

Skudra

Reaction score
Are you the original owner of this car?? If not, then the previous owner might have been into say Heavy Metal and now you are trying to put in like Rap and it is spitting it out because that is not its style.

or

something is messed up with your unit =P

I kid! I dont know what could be wrong man. is it a shaker 500?

LOL...it is NOT Shaker 500.

Thanks for the responses guys, I was hoping there was a quick fix for this so I could get it going. I will be replacing it probably in a year so there is no point in bringing it back to the dealership as my warranty is up and Im not gonna spend any extra dough on it. The radio will have to do!

If you would like my headunit PM me, I am sure we can work something out.

Thanks for the offer!

Back