factory rev limits

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Someone connect larry up with LUND, tell him he needs the yolo douchebag limiter delete tune

Really do not have sound on this computer so I have no idea what he is saying. In any event, I am happy with the stock tune but would like to set the max rev up a little to kind of match a future Boss Cluster. A local dealer is selling Boss Clusters for a big discount but they still want the $300 core charge. Now only if they would take a $50 junk yard cluster as a core. Time will tell. I am not sure what they do with these cores. Same with RockAuto. What do they do with cores when Amazon sells the same stuff without a core charge? No one sells rebuilt Boss Clusters.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Just get a tune from Lund, no limiter. There's no other way. Should be easy to ask the dealer what they need for a core.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I am done.
I cant make it any clearer.
Custom tune required to raise rev limit.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Know what, I have a way, way better idea.

Dismantle factory cluster, move needle on tachometer clockwise, reinstall. Sure, you'll idle at 1500 rpm, but you'll be cranking 8k plus all day long. Yamaha did this with a motorcycle in about 2008!!! The R6. I rode one, it was gutless.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Know what, I have a way, way better idea.

Dismantle factory cluster, move needle on tachometer clockwise, reinstall. Sure, you'll idle at 1500 rpm, but you'll be cranking 8k plus all day long. Yamaha did this with a motorcycle in about 2008!!! The R6. I rode one, it was gutless.
Yup, Yamaha got into hot water over that when ppl started dynoing their bikes. lol
FYI, my 89 gsxr had an "optimistic" tach, but installing the aftermarket ignition box fixed the tach issue. :)

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Like I said if you want to rev it that high you’ll need oil pump gears and a better flowing intake. Otherwise you’ll just be making more sound. Listen to these guys they actually know what they’re talking about believe it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike maloney

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
that is why i figure to set the shift light to 6,400 to 6,500 on my 2014 coyote with the 93 octane tune from brenspeed because in sport mode the delay in shift from 1st to second with reving up so quickly,i sometimes hit rev limiter.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Like I said if you want to rev it that high you’ll need oil pump gears and a better flowing intake. Otherwise you’ll just be making more sound. Listen to these guys they actually know what they’re talking about believe it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess your right. Ford would know and mostly would not want you to outdo the rev limiter. In fact, their not too happy with any mods. I am really happy with the big brake upgrade kit all the way around although it took several bleeds to get it right. Now add the 25mm Boss rear sway bar and a Boss Cluster and I am good to go. I may or may not use the Brembo Wheel setup.

IM8.jpg

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
What are u trying to do, incite 'engine violence' ?
Nobody should be bickering about increasing the rev limiter on their stock 5.0. We have oil pump gear and gasket companies to keep in business!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Nobody should be bickering about increasing the rev limiter on their stock 5.0. We have oil pump gear and gasket companies to keep in business!
And promote systematic total eng destruction. What's next, defund lito and lund.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back