Falling on its Face!

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
Ok here goes. So i was in a minor fender bender. I broke the steering linkage and had it sent to a shop to have fixed. No biggy. Well after i got it out of the shop. When i hammer the gas all i hear is the super charger whinning and the car falling on its face...or it will pop really loud and jerk around. I was having the complete opposite issue a while back and come to find out on my GT500 fuel pump one of the pumps was bad so it was leaning out. So the engine would rev really loud and wouldnt hardly go. Now it seems like i am getting way to much fuel and it is bogging it out. I have the iridium 1 degree cooler spark plugs. They have been in for about a year. Basically what it seems like to me is either when it was in the shop i somehow dropped my tune, or the spark plugs are shot now. I know those spark plugs are only supposed to have about 1 year life span. I have no idea what the problem is. I can only drive it with about 1/4 throttle and it will run fine...but the moment i push the gas farther it just pops gargles spurts or completely shuts down and you just here the supercharger, until i let off the throttle then it kicks back on. I am dumb founded. Another issue i am having is that when i get to a 1/4 a tank of gas it drops to E and the last 1/4 of gas is unusable. I have no idea. I checked the float to make sure it wasnt stuck. When i fuel it up i can only put about 10 gallons in it. Which means i am never able to use the other few gallons of gas in my car....all of the started after the wreck. Does anyone have any idea if there is something i can do to fix this before i take it to the shop and spend about 200$ in diagnosting it?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
more details on the damage from the wreck would help

did you try to reload the tune?

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say do the simple things first. Replace/regap plugs, drain fuel/replace, clean air filter, reload tune, change fuel filter etc.

I was having the same problem a few weeks ago and performed the above.. no more problem.

D_bone33

forum member
Reaction score
I have misplaced my tuner hahah, Im pretty sure i left it at the shop. I have ran new fuel through it a few tanks worth. The Air Filter is a JDM and looks clean and seems fine. Im thinking its either the plugs, tune or fuel filter. Thanks

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say do the simple things first. Replace/regap plugs, drain fuel/replace, clean air filter, reload tune, change fuel filter etc.

I was having the same problem a few weeks ago and performed the above.. no more problem.

This and Also try cleaning the MAF.

Back