fastest 2011 5.0 stock shortblock

TorchedGT

Mustang Operator
Reaction score
the quickest you can go is different from how fast ya can go reliably pass after pass for a long term time frame.. i can prolly spray the house down on mine and make fast times but for how long???

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
Chris when your stock short went, how much boost were u pushing and exactly what went? Was it a oil pump failure, rod, etc?
i had over 120+ passes with the blower most 10.20 or quicker and atleast 30 9 sec passes. when the motor went it turned out to be just the oil pump broke. pistons and rods were perfect still have them hanging in my garage. in cool air i was peaking out at 15 psi.

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
What kind of power was u makin Chris??. And what octane and injectors

The car was seeing 652 rwhp when ever I ran at the track I always used ms109 the fuel is awesome and we were running 75lb injectors with stock fuel system with a boost a pump. Ive tried running c16 at first but quickly killed my o2 sensors. Car would have gone quicker but I always had the wrong gear in it between 4:10 and 3:73. It would always hit the limiter on the shifts I now run 3.55's and I'm probably going to drop it to a 3.31 eventually.

what are you using for suspension?

I run evolution performance street setup. I've messed around with cobra jet spring but have my best results using ford racing springs. Basically upper arm, lowers, triangle boxes, panhard bar and brace, springs, welded rear drop brackets. I just recently added single adjustables to the rear but have not run them yet with my new setup

Last edited by a moderator:

RedMustang

forum member
Reaction score
i had over 120+ passes with the blower most 10.20 or quicker and atleast 30 9 sec passes. when the motor went it turned out to be just the oil pump broke. pistons and rods were perfect still have them hanging in my garage. in cool air i was peaking out at 15 psi.

:clap:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

That seems to be the first thing to go. Were you using the stock harmonic balancer or an aftermarket one?

You should post your best two slips in the ET list thread to take your rightful place.

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
That seems to be the first thing to go. Were you using the stock harmonic balancer or an aftermarket one?

You should post your best two slips in the ET list thread to take your rightful place.

that was with the stock harmonic balancer. I now run an ati balancer on my built motor.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was talking to melling here at pri they are about a year out on billet oil pump gears. Livernois has a billet pump on display.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a local car in DFW. He could probably get more out of it with a converter and slicks, but it has run 9.91 @ 138 with very minimal changes. I've quoted several of his posts from another forum.

We took the 5.0 to Dallas Raceway yesterday, it was a nice day but a lot of wind. I will only run this car how I drive it on the street, so all passes were made with full weight, and on 18" wheels all the way around. The same wheels and tires I drive it daily with. This car still has the stock 3.15 gears, stock converter, stock 6spd auto, stock motor, stockish fuel system, etc.. This car daily drives like a dream! It is very quiet, smooth, & gets good gas mileage. I truly enjoy driving it, even though I normally drive like a grandma. It usually won't see over 1,800rpm on a 20 mile drive to work. At 45mph in 6 gear it is like 1,100rpm, pretty much idles along barely touching the gas.
I originally planned on twins. I felt like I needed a tubular K member to build the way we planned. A company promised it was almost ready so we waited. After 6 months of waiting I had a conversation with Kenne Bell and shortly after I had a polished 3.6l liquid cooled blower on the car. Since this was the route, I decided to put American Racing Headers and H-pipe. The car already had a Magnaflow 3" street series catback.
So first pass it spun a little and went 10.17@138, then it hooked good and went 10.02@137 and kind of short shifted 4th. So I adjusted the shift points a little and gave it a little more power out of the hole. It then went the best 60' which was 1.49 but bumped the limiter on a couple shifts so it went 10.02@137 again. At this point I was frustrated and ready to go, but the guys talked me into one more pass. So I dropped the shift points where it hit the limiter and it did perfect. It left hard did a 1.50 60', ran a [email protected] in the 1/8 and a 9.91@138 in the 1/4. I am super impressed with this car. Driving next to it or in it you would never know that much is done to it. When you floor it, all hell breaks loose.
BTW it made 760rwhp and 660rwtq thru the stock auto on 15psi with E-85 which is all I ever run.

---

As far as cost I would have to tally it up, I will say it would be less then the cost of a new GT500.
There is a vid from a camera phone, I'll get someone to post it.
I have a converter for the car, it felt way quicker and faster with it. However it didn't drive how I like, it felt loose and sloppy daily driving. I am a big baby about that and wanted the car to feel like stock. Right now it drives like totaly stock. I figure if it can drives like stock and can cut 1.4 60' with 18" wheels, I am happy with the stock one. I agree though with the converter and slicks it would go way faster.

---

Soon I will put billet rods and forged pistons. Then I can give her some real boost.
I was on Hoosier 335/30/18 drag radials, just like what I run on my 03 but in 18"

---

It is awesome that it does 60' that hard! It is just because it is a twin screw blower that makes full boost instantly.
The car has a 1 piece driveshaft but everything in the rear is as it came from the factory. However it comes with 31 spline axles and carrier from the factory. It makes over 600ft lbs to the wheels as soon as you floor it and has a lot of multiplication from the 4.17 first gear.

---

mannyburnout.jpg

mannylaunch.jpg

mannymotor.jpg

2011Black5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Wow that's awesome I should of got a auto.I made 626/515 I'm going to drive it like this for now then change fuel system 72# injectors and up the boost then take it from there see what happens

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
80# injectors are believe it or not a little more cost effective. That may be a cheaper route for you.

I'm running 80# injectors on my car and it's a dream.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back