Favorite Wax

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
But then again maybe i need to learn how to wax better huh?

:thumb: It's not the wax's fault you're getting residue on the plastic, it is the operator's.

Try Meguiars #21, it is a sealant just like "Ice" It is not a Carnauba wax, that is not just something meguiars makes.

wku5

forum member
Reaction score
Ill tell ya what.. ill give it a try. I really do suck at waxing haha i need to watch youtube on waxing tips or something.

wku5

forum member
Reaction score
But honestly the ice wax really doesnt leave the residue on plastic like other brands that I have used.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
But honestly the ice wax really doesnt leave the residue on plastic like other brands that I have used.

A product that can be purchased for under $15 and can be used on anything, says a lot for how little it actually protects.

wku5

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhhh ok so basically if it doesnt leave residue on plastic it sucks? I didnt know that. Like i said i dont know much about the waxing and detailing... i just loved how my car looked when he waxed it for me with the ice.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Ahhhh ok so basically if it doesnt leave residue on plastic it sucks? I didnt know that. Like i said i dont know much about the waxing and detailing... i just loved how my car looked when he waxed it for me with the ice.

No, just anything made by turtle wax sucks. You're very hung up on the residue on plastic. Learn to wax, so when you use better products this won't be an issue or purchase trim specific products.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
^ Or put some ultima tire and trim guard on all the plastic before you wax? or tape? or use PB or veg oil to simply remove the wax residue. DG501 is another good product, IMO, that wont leave a white residue. But thats a sealant not a wax and this is a wax thread. I like Lava, haha

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
^ Or put some ultima tire and trim guard on all the plastic before you wax? or tape? or use PB or veg oil to simply remove the wax residue. DG501 is another good product, IMO, that wont leave a white residue. But thats a sealant not a wax and this is a wax thread. I like Lava, haha

:thumb:

eddyroxx

forum member
Reaction score
i like poorboys nattys blue on my black car and top it with collinite 845 or 476s

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
3M Imperial Hand Glaze. NO silicone or wax. Perfect show car finish if your paint is near perfect.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
I have used it for 25 plus years, and my cars are garaged and still retain a showroom shine. A lot of these waxes listed are over rated.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I have used it for 25 plus years, and my cars are garaged and still retain a showroom shine. A lot of these waxes listed are over rated.
you have used them all? a glaze is not a wax. it offers no protection.

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
I don't worry about protection for this car because it only goes out on nice days and a few shows a year. No rain ever. The 3M is great for keeping a show room shine and has been used by many others on several show cars and the paint on them is near perfect. Its just what I use and what works for me. To each their own.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I don't worry about protection for this car because it only goes out on nice days and a few shows a year. No rain ever. The 3M is great for keeping a show room shine and has been used by many others on several show cars and the paint on them is near perfect. Its just what I use and what works for me. To each their own.

Yes, but other people do not know that, and I'd hate for someone to buy a glaze thinking its a wax.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back