First look...Pypes Stepped LT's!!!!

spike648

forum member
Reaction score
Yes those are high flow cats. Small in size but work very well. Results coming soon.

JJ

Sweet!
Here's my question.. Just installed Borla S Type cat back and its not the sound that I expected. Its not as loud as I thought it would be, so if I were to switch to a high flow cat x pipe will it improve my sound?
Thanx in advance!

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Most definately. Cats are probably the biggest restriction in the S197 exhausts as far as flow and decible levels are concerned.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Where are the results?

Coming soon. We have been busy getting ready for a big face this weekend and will get these on a car asap for results. Sorry for the delay. They will be on display at MIR this weekend!!!!

JJ

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Awesome looking product, i have Pypes LTs and O/R X + Stingers and boy do they sound good! The fitment on their exhaust was perfect, i was with my shop guy that sponsors or car club when he did mine and he said it was the best he has ever installed. He had done several brands including MAC, BBK, boost bros, etc.

I am sure these will be as good on the 5.0 as they were on the 4.6

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Installation pictures and dyno testing coming late next week/eary part of following week. We have a car here getting alot of mods at the same time.

JJ

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Installing and dyno'ing/tuning this week.

Results coming, sorry for the delay.

JJ

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Will you guys offer high flow cat x pipe for non long tube or short headers?

Pypes is working on it but as of now they dont have anything. When something becomes available I will let everyone know.

The results are in on the car we did here in house. Sorry for the delay, we have been very busy.

The overall power was right in line with the rest of the LT's we have done here. Nothing special about the max power numbers but they did pick up torque down low over the other Non stepped LT's.

I will post dyno comparisons shortly, working on putting all the data together.

JJ

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back