First Oil Change

mdun6

forum member
Reaction score
Took my car (2011 Mustang Gt) to the dealer for the free oil change but when I got home later in the day i noticed that the reciept said they used a 6 quart oil change kit. I thought I had read the new 5.0 takes 8 qaurts so I check and sure enough my car is low on oil. The car never showed a low level warning light but it's definatly low on oil. I doubt the engine is damaged but if you go to the dealer for oil change make sure they put in 8 quarts.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Took my car (2011 Mustang Gt) to the dealer for the free oil change but when I got home later in the day i noticed that the reciept said they used a 6 quart oil change kit. I thought I had read the new 5.0 takes 8 qaurts so I check and sure enough my car is low on oil. The car never showed a low level warning light but it's definatly low on oil. I doubt the engine is damaged but if you go to the dealer for oil change make sure they put in 8 quarts.

Engine should be fine. I would demand to speak with the service department manager and ask him why they don't know how to service Ford cars and what they plan to do in the future to win your confidence back. :mad2:

swervo

forum member
Reaction score
I just checked my owner's manual today to check to see how much oil we have so I can do my first oil change for the stang. I was surprised that it had 8qts, plus the filter is tiny compared to the old ones.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Engine should be fine. I would demand to speak with the service department manager and ask him why they don't know how to service Ford cars and what they plan to do in the future to win your confidence back. :mad2:

hell yeah +1111

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!!!!! :evil:

ngnichols

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd probably be pretty pissed myself. That is exactly why I tried to always change my own oil if I could. Yeah it took a bit longer since I didn't have a pit, but at least I had the piece of mind that it was done right.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd probably be pretty pissed myself. That is exactly why I tried to always change my own oil if I could. Yeah it took a bit longer since I didn't have a pit, but at least I had the piece of mind that it was done right.

Same here. I don't trust anyone to work on my cars. I don't care if I have to re-create the Gulf oil spill in my driveway to get it done. I can rest knowing it was done right. Drain plug not overtightened, oil filter installed properly, correct amount of oil fill, and any excess oil cleaned off of the engine/k-member.

mdun6

forum member
Reaction score
The funny this is the service guy was tell me that if I bring my car in for all Regular maintance they will replace my tires as long as I own the car. The way they seviced my car I wouldn't expect to last that long.

huknar

Reaction score
get it documented

Get it documented. Later, when you blow up the engine with a 250 shot nos, you can blame it on _their_ screw up, lol.

Falcon Fixer

Reaction score
They might have done what Jiffy Lube does.

If a car takes more than Five quarts they top it off with your "OLD" oil.
I watched them do this with my 2006 Cobalt SS/SC and called them on it.

"Drain it all,do it right"

zilla8

Reaction score
Wow!!!! this just confirms my suspicions about low oil in my 2011 GT.

I will also do my own first oil change and forget about the first free oil change from the dealer.

I've added close to 4qts of oil in 4K miles and I know It's breaking in and burns a little oil but not that much.

I dont know if the cars are shipped with all fluids,but the dealer should check the oil during PDI.I just happened to check my oil as I allways do every time I fuel up.There is no excuse for this incompetance at the dealers period.

I just picked up a case of Motorcraft 5W20 and a couple FL 500S filters
I'll change it at 5000miles and make sure I use 8qts as required.

kmracer

forum member
Reaction score
They might have done what Jiffy Lube does.

If a car takes more than Five quarts they top it off with your "OLD" oil.
I watched them do this with my 2006 Cobalt SS/SC and called them on it.

"Drain it all,do it right"

i HIGHLY doubt that. how did they recover your "old" oil?

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking, they pump their oil from a tank that uses a hose with a guage. I think all the old oil goes to a recovery tank for recycling.

On that note I have used Royal Purple since I changed the oil the first time, that was over 80,000 miles ago.
Also I always use Ford Racing CM-6731-FL820 Oil Filters

Last edited:

RDK

forum member
Reaction score
i checked mine as I have around 500+ miles on the car..

it was between the 1st and 2nd hole.

I am thinking of changing it before i got on a another long trip..

DaGonz

S197 fire/rescue
Reaction score
The first thing I did when I got my Mustang was to change the oil to Mobil 1 and have been using it since. I purchase my own oil and filter, my mechanic charges me a minimum amount to do the oil changes (betweenthe firehouse, the Fire Academy,the ambo service and my detailing venture, I don't have the time to do it myself).

Falcon Fixer

Reaction score
i HIGHLY doubt that. how did they recover your "old" oil?

Sorry that that you doubt what I sat right there not ten feet away from and watched them do.
There is NO OTHER explanation for what happened.

They know from the start how much your car takes.

Guy goes into pit ,drains oil.
Guy comes up from pit with a plastic bottle looking like a tea pitcher dripping with oil.
Guy puts 5 quarts of clean new oil in car from oil pumping machine.
Guy "Tops Off" oil from tea pitcher.
Called guy on it.
"But your car takes more than five quarts of oil"
Grabbed the "Manager"and she knew they got caught.
They drained the mixed oil and installed 6.5 quarts of clean NEW oil.

Their info in the store says "Up To" five quarts for xx price.
They did not ask if I was willing to pay for the extra quart and a half they just used this scam.
Hmmm, maybe they only put 4.5 quarts of new oil in and 2 quarts of my "Old" oil back in.
Do the math.Shortchange enough people and the dollars can get big.

Now I have a car that takes 8 quarts?
They will never see me again.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back