First outting with the 13

REX347

forum member
Reaction score
I have not race a manual in a very long time. Last time had to be 2000. Only thing done to it is a Bassani Axelback and K&N Drop in. The learning curve was very long. It has a brembo package on it and I soon learned those tires suck. It took about 6 passes to learn how to launch it and the track to come around. I will not embaress myself and post the first timeslips but did manage to run what I thought was a decent pass.

2.0606 60ft
5.5744 330ft
[email protected] 1/8
10.9597 1000ft
[email protected]

I may have been able to squeeze a 12's out of it, but I felt I had beat on the car enough. Definately see what everyone is talking about with wheel hop. If I decide to go back to the track it wont be without a set. Hell I may just order a set anyway.

I dont plan on racing it much anymore. I think the family and I are just gonna enjoy it. As an old racer I just had to know what it ran.

AJCrader

forum member
Reaction score
I have not race a manual in a very long time. Last time had to be 2000. Only thing done to it is a Bassani Axelback and K&N Drop in. The learning curve was very long. It has a brembo package on it and I soon learned those tires suck. It took about 6 passes to learn how to launch it and the track to come around. I will not embaress myself and post the first timeslips but did manage to run what I thought was a decent pass.

2.0606 60ft
5.5744 330ft
[email protected] 1/8
10.9597 1000ft
[email protected]

I may have been able to squeeze a 12's out of it, but I felt I had beat on the car enough. Definately see what everyone is talking about with wheel hop. If I decide to go back to the track it wont be without a set. Hell I may just order a set anyway.

I dont plan on racing it much anymore. I think the family and I are just gonna enjoy it. As an old racer I just had to know what it ran.

I don't know what the air was like where you are, but my second time out on the stock pirelli's I managed a 12.94@110 with a DA of 3500', your DA could show how well you really did, if you have a lower DA then that means your 13.02 may not be as great as you had hoped, either way you are very close to the 12's and a stock car on street tires for the price really can't be beat

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Nice! Glad you have fun with it. Are you gonna try any road course stuff with it?

These cars are a blast to drag. Some very minor mods to suspension and tires (under $500) these cars can be low 12 second cars all day long, but that wheel hop will kill your ET's coming out of the hole.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
That mph is good for middle 12's. Street tires are so difficult to launch with, you did quite well with a 2.06 60ft IMO. I like your last line......"As an old racer I just had to know what it ran." So true.:thumb2:

DIB5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Better 60 and you should be around high 12's with that mph. My best stock with 1.95 60 was 12.81 @ 110. Mine is an auto. With just a tune i went 12.53 @ 113.

REX347

forum member
Reaction score
DA was 2300ft. I am thinking about putting some BMR lowers on it. Just can justify tires and rims to for the car that I may take to the track twice a year.

I had a 2012 auto that I got to run 13.0@110 but was in much better air, so I think there is plenty left in it.

4.6fan

forum member
Reaction score
So close to 12s I wouldn't be able to stay away from the strip.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

2.0606 60ft
5.5744 330ft
[email protected] 1/8
10.9597 1000ft
[email protected]

Nice benchline test. VERY close to the 12s!

I recommend these UPR control arms.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-solid-lower-control-arms-urethane-bushing-05.html

They work VERY well for street/strip/handling, they're Made in America, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee, and we have a free shipping promo going on now.

REX347

forum member
Reaction score
Sharad,

I am very familiar with UPR products. I ran a complete UPR setup on my old 83 GT that pulled 1.3 60fts. Only concern I have is Chrome Moly on the street. Thats why I am probably going to go with a steel arm.

Thanks
Rex

REX347

forum member
Reaction score
Made it back to the track. Only changes were the BMR lowers. Still trying to figure how to launch the car. Did manage to break into the 12's twice.

[email protected] with a 2.0
[email protected] with a 2.1

The rest of the runs were in the low 13's. I got all my runs in early and left before the track got too busy.

The BMR's definately cured the wheel hop.

REX347

forum member
Reaction score
New PB with the car. Still learning how to launch it.
FE109812-4F73-4C05-84FD-F4855DF24800-4667-0000035CCE1319F6_zps7ad0ae65.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back