Ford TPMS Sucks

Weou09

forum member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the pipe bomb method? It's all good til the cops find a reason to search the trunk... might be better to admit that its a pipe bomb over a federal law bypass lol.

If you ever have a reason for a cop to search your car, tpms is the least of your worries...

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Not a fan of the pipe bomb method? It's all good til the cops find a reason to search the trunk... might be better to admit that its a pipe bomb over a federal law bypass lol.

Federal law for the manufacturer to sell the cars with the system installed. They could give a crap what the consumer does with it.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
LOL... I bought sensors for my aftermarket wheels and almost 2 years later, I still haven't gotten around to pairing them to the car....

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Seen a few people with aftermarket rims buy some abs pipe, throw the sensors in, cap it, and put a valve stem in and pump it up to 32lbs or so. Then toss it in the trunk. No more tpms light.

This is more or less what we did with my wife's JK.

clap2.gif

I should totally do this.

Thats an amazing idea... can't believe I've never heard of that being done before...

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60185

/\ this, it's widely known that the sensors are not compatible from the 07-09s to the newer models.

I will likely have a set of band senors (off an 08) for sale in a few weeks if you can wait.

install them in the new wheels, its worth having them just to keep the light off

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't had tpms sensor on my car for 6 years now. The light on the dash goes off maybe once every couple months for a few minutes. Kinda like the active anit theft motion sensors built into the map light housing. I had them work once or twice when reaching into my car with the window or top down and the doors locked.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back