Fortune Auto Coilovers For S197

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Fortune Auto Coilovers For S197 ***SOLD***

SOLD

Fortune Auto Coilovers For S197 05-14

A friend of mine bought these for his street car but sold it and got a BOSS302S (race car) so he didn’t need them (never used them). He sold them to another friend of mine to use on his street car. But the second friend decided he wanted to go more “drag” than “roadrace” so they are for sale again (never used them). I’m selling them for my friend because he is interwebs inept.

These are actually some pretty cool pieces. I wouldn’t go racing on these, you need to spend $3K on coilovers to do that. But for the street, twisty back roads and a track day they are not too shabby. And of course you can SLAM your car if you want to.

-447# front springs

-279# rear springs

-They are rebound adjustable. Which if I was only going to have one damping adjustment I would want that to be it. They ARE NOT compression/rebound adjustable on the same adjuster (like D-Specs) which I hate.

-They are also ride height adjustable INDEPENDENT of spring preload. This is actually a really cool feature. Most coilovers the ride height is set by adding/subtracting spring preload. Not on these. These are ride height adjustable and it doesn’t effect spring preload at all. Where I come from (motorcycles) it isn’t done any other way. I wish my Eibach R2’s were like this.

-Unknown mileage. It can’t be much though, they are super clean/unused looking.

-They are completely rebuild-able.

-They come with caster/camber plates.

$880 shipped in the CONUS by UPS (no PO Boxes, APO’s, etc)

First pay, first serve.

IMG_1534_zpsnnfyydeo.jpg

IMG_1535_zpslpq3yzay.jpg

IMG_1536_zps1sohzcgc.jpg

IMG_1537_zpsuup1hcvd.jpg

I just found a link to the original ad from when my buddy (2 buddies ago) bought these. More info:

This was a prototype set of coilovers built for me by Fortune Auto in Virginia. As some of you may know, they are fairly known brand in the import community as they make a wide range of coilovers for Nissan's, Subaru's, Toyota's, etc.
They planned on distributing them through another company that is very respectable in the Mustang world but their business deal fell through, leading to me having the only set ever made. The coilovers are still rebuildable and serviceable by them in the U.S. - even though this is the only set.

This is a true coilover meaning that the shock and spring are all in one unit. Even the rear units are all one unit, whereas most other companies (BC Racing, for example) have the shock and spring separate for the rear of their Mustang applications.
The spring rates are 9k Front and 7k Rear. The ride is slightly stiffer than an OEM Brembo package setup but with MUCH more response felt through the steering wheel and of course, much better handling.
This makes a huge improvement in how the car feels. Nose dive on braking and the front raising on take off is drastically reduced and almost non-existent. They make it a joy to simply change lanes because the steering response is much sharper, making it a mod that you truly can enjoy every time you drive the car.
I have put about 10,000 miles on these over 1.5 years and simply wanted to run a different setup.

All of the coilovers were shock dyno tested after assembly to ensure proper function and are 30-way dampening adjustable via click wheel on top of the shocks. They are also height adjustable and are capable of lowering the car 3 inches lower than stock at their lowest setting. At their highest, it is still about 1.5 inches lower than stock.

They will come with the spanner wrenches as well as new front top-hats since I accidentally broke one of the studs off by over-torqueing one of the bolts. Because of this, I had both sides replaced and had them rebuilt while I was at it. So these, as they currently sit, are essentially newly rebuilt coilovers.

DSC07513-2_zpsee2e322b.jpg

177458_10151085996790944_607314217_o.jpg

DSC02366_zpsdf17fd97.jpg

DSC01378-Edit_zpse6269e37.jpg

Last edited:

PLee

forum member
Reaction score
These are made in the US and completely serviceable in the US. Nice parts for sure, and wouldn't hesitate to give them a try. Do some poking around online and you'll see that Fortune Auto is one of the better coilover manufacturers.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I just found a link to the original ad from when my buddy (2 buddies ago) bought these. More info:

This was a prototype set of coilovers built for me by Fortune Auto in Virginia. As some of you may know, they are fairly known brand in the import community as they make a wide range of coilovers for Nissan's, Subaru's, Toyota's, etc.
They planned on distributing them through another company that is very respectable in the Mustang world but their business deal fell through, leading to me having the only set ever made. The coilovers are still rebuildable and serviceable by them in the U.S. - even though this is the only set.

This is a true coilover meaning that the shock and spring are all in one unit. Even the rear units are all one unit, whereas most other companies (BC Racing, for example) have the shock and spring separate for the rear of their Mustang applications.
The spring rates are 9k Front and 7k Rear. The ride is slightly stiffer than an OEM Brembo package setup but with MUCH more response felt through the steering wheel and of course, much better handling.
This makes a huge improvement in how the car feels. Nose dive on braking and the front raising on take off is drastically reduced and almost non-existent. They make it a joy to simply change lanes because the steering response is much sharper, making it a mod that you truly can enjoy every time you drive the car.
I have put about 10,000 miles on these over 1.5 years and simply wanted to run a different setup.

All of the coilovers were shock dyno tested after assembly to ensure proper function and are 30-way dampening adjustable via click wheel on top of the shocks. They are also height adjustable and are capable of lowering the car 3 inches lower than stock at their lowest setting. At their highest, it is still about 1.5 inches lower than stock.

They will come with the spanner wrenches as well as new front top-hats since I accidentally broke one of the studs off by over-torqueing one of the bolts. Because of this, I had both sides replaced and had them rebuilt while I was at it. So these, as they currently sit, are essentially newly rebuilt coilovers.

DSC07513-2_zpsee2e322b.jpg

177458_10151085996790944_607314217_o.jpg

DSC02366_zpsdf17fd97.jpg

DSC01378-Edit_zpse6269e37.jpg

Last edited:

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
They're actually not made in the US. They're made in Taiwan, shipped to the US, disassembled and inspected to make sure the correct parts are installed, the shim stacks are where they need to be, oil used and level are correct, and the nitrogen charge are correct. They're then reassembled and stuck in a box.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
They're actually not made in the US. They're made in Taiwan, shipped to the US, disassembled and inspected to make sure the correct parts are installed, the shim stacks are where they need to be, oil used and level are correct, and the nitrogen charge are correct. They're then reassembled and stuck in a box.

Well, that would explain why they aren't $3000.:thumb:

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Well, that would explain why they aren't $3000.:thumb:

They're good quality though. The guys who operate that company are good guys. They've helped my buddy with his car and they're starting to get it dialed in. Yes, it's a drift car, but he's knocking on the prop level. LS1 swapped S13. It's a fun car and it actually hooks up quite well considering. I've got no desire to pull off some of the high speed entries he's done. o_O

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
They're good quality though. The guys who operate that company are good guys. They've helped my buddy with his car and they're starting to get it dialed in. Yes, it's a drift car, but he's knocking on the prop level. LS1 swapped S13. It's a fun car and it actually hooks up quite well considering. I've got no desire to pull off some of the high speed entries he's done. o_O

Drifting = cool. I would love to do it. Man, that is an EXPENSIVE sport though. Makes roadracing look cheap!

Last edited:

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
damn......level of want....very high......

GLWS, super cleans parts, and awesome price.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Just realized how low your price was.... how are these still available? If I had a 2012-2014 I would be all over them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back