FRPP intake manifold...is this normal?

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
mind you i am naturally aspirated...now the intake runners on this manifold bulge in and out with the engine...i know weird but heres a video sorry for the poor sound quality on the Iphone..i talked to john at BBR and he said maybe its a bad casting..so im going to call americanmuscle.com tomorrow and get a new one because it should not be doing this...

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
i know and now i have to wait to call both places on monday...ugh oh well ill get a new one...bbr said none of theirs has done that so far even under boost so i prolly got a bad casting

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
i mean i don't want the damn thing to blow up on me ya know all the fatigue of it going back and forth all the time...im sure ill have no problem getting a new one out of this because that sure as hell isn't normal

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
Wow! That is definitely not right . Good luck with the swap .

im sure once americanmuscle sees the video of what this thing is doing they will have no problem sending this one back to ford and giving me a new one not too worried about that..

but if anyone else as this intake please open the hood rev it back and forth and see if it does this!

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holly Hell! I would think anyone who has one on there car better go see if its doing the same thing... Maybe it s flaw in the mold?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back