FS: McLeod RST Twin-Disc Clutch (10 spline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
-=SOLD=-

FS: McLeod RST Twin-Disc Clutch (10 spline)

$640.00 shipped in the continental USA. I'll take PayPal. Add $20 to that price if you don't want to gift the money.

photo2-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

Here is a generic photo of an RXT; the RST looks just like it except the fiber material is different:

rst-vi.jpg

Mated to a flywheel (not included) it will look like this:

IMG_20101229_171237640x480-vi.jpg

This clutch is fresh from the McLeod factory. I have not even opened the box they shipped it in - I don't plan on opening the box unless a buyer insists on me doing so, but if you want it opened and pics posted before making payment, I'll do it. Brown Santa Claus literally dropped it off a half-hour ago.

Does not include a flywheel. I will have an 8-bolt flywheel for sale that you *could* use with it if desired in another thread - more on that in a second.

My recommendation is going to be that you purchase and use the appropriate McLeod lightened steel or aluminum flywheel so that the clutch mates perfectly to the flywheel. I bought mine from JPC racing. Rule of thumb for the un-initiated: Lightened steel (or full heavy steel) for street and drag racing (I prefer and run lightened steel) and aluminum for road-racing.

So what's the skinny here? Well, I used this clutch in my car (2006 GT) with a factory GT flywheel. McLeod says you can do that. If you do that, here is what you get - a mis-match between the flywheel and the clutch fibers (you can also see what RST fibers look like in this photo:

photo1-vi.jpg

That causes uneven heating (and warping) and destroys the clutch.

Please note that the mess you see above is NOT what I am selling. Well - it was - before I shipped it to McLeod and got a new one. The only re-used part from the above shot in this sale will be the gold adapter ring.

I ended up switching to a T56 Magnum XL transmission, and the gentleman I bought that from sold me another RST which I had converted to an RXT - which is now in my car.

I then sent the toasted one back to McLeod, and they said that I should not have run it with a stock GT flywheel. Duh...so then why does their website say you can do it? Anyway, McLeod stepped up, and - free of charge - gave me a new one. That is what I am selling here.

So...in this sale you get the adapter ring pictured above with a brand new pressure plate, floater, and both twin-discs (10 spline for use with a TR-3650 transmission) and a perfect McLeod factory set-up.

It is the same as this:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mcleod-rst-clutch-0110gt.html

and this:

http://www.jpcracing.com/mcleod-rst-twin-disc-clutch-kit-for-2001-5-2010-modular-ford-engines/

Note that AM's prices are always with free shipping and JPC's prices are without shipping.

Other notes if you aren't super tech-savvy on this stuff:

2005-2010 GT's use 6 bolt cranks/flywheels
2003/2004 forged Cobra cranks use 8 bolt cranks and flywheels. Most guys who build an engine and use forged components use a forged crank, necessitating the use of an 8 bolt flywheel.

The number of splines on the clutch discs mate to the number of splines on the input shaft of your transmission. A Tremec TR3650 5 speed (2005-2010 GT) uses 10 splines.

A GT500 TR6060 transmission uses 26 splines

A T56 Magnum XL transmission uses 26 splines.

So...this clutch is really for someone using a TR3650 transmission.

For sale on multiple forums. First one to agree to take it and actually pay gets it.

Shane

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back