FS: TruFiber 3" Cowl Hood (Fiberlglass) - ATL local pickup

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD

TruFiber 3" Cowl Hood Fiberglass - Atlanta local pickup only please.

$325.

For a 2005-2009 S197 Mustang (GT or V6).

I bought it in December 2012, mocked it up on my car and installed some Shelby / Scott Drake Hood pins in the outer hood bump-stop locations. On the advice of the painters I consulted, I rattle-canned it (very lightly) with flat black and drove the car for a several sunny days. The flat black helps the fiberglass absorb heat and fully cure before paint application.

I was about to get it painted, but I have decided to go in a different direction and I just ordered the identical TruCarbon version of the hood (in carbon fiber instead). This hood is fully cured now and ready to immediately be painted in the color that matches your car.

You will need to add hood pins since it is drilled for pins (or have a body shop fill the holes if you want to add pins in a different location) - you should always run hood pins on an aftermarket hood anyway. The pins I ran (Scott Drake Billet) are $100 new.

Link to pins: http://www.cjponyparts.com/scott-drake-hood-pin-kit-billet-stainless-steel-2005-2009/p/HDPK5/

It is off of my car in my garage and you are welcome to take a look at it in person if desired (Acworth, GA - NW Atlanta suburb).

Street price on this hood is $539...Look here to confirm street pricing: http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-3-inch-cowl-hood-p/01487.htm

Also advertising locally on Craigslist - so whoever comes with cash first gets it.

Pics:

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo3-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

Note that the hood does NOT come with the metal bracket you see in the above picture - re-use the one currently on your car's hood.

photo1-vi.jpg

photo3-vi.jpg

I saved all the packing material to protect it during transport after the new owner picks it up:

photo-vi.jpg

I also have the giant cardboard box it came in as well.

I have a trailer and can deliver in the Atlanta local area if needed for some additional $$ depending on the distance.

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
KILLER PRICE!!!!!

Someone swoop this!

Dennis-05-Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Will be driving to Florida at the end of the month. Ill take it if you still have it then. But how will I bring it back lol?

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Will be driving to Florida at the end of the month. Ill take it if you still have it then. But how will I bring it back lol?

Let me know if you are serious and what dates you would be passing through.

Still available folks...local pick-up in Atlanta.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I had a Cervinis 4" cowl, and it was too tall for my taste.
How is visibility over this one? Particularly in RH curves...

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
I had a Cervinis 4" cowl, and it was too tall for my taste.
How is visibility over this one? Particularly in RH curves...

I'm 5'11" and it is fine for me. It was annoying at first, but I got used to it after a few drives.

Not like stock, but then again any cowl hood is a compromise. I think a 4" would be very hard to see over.

A 2" is probably good for visibility, but then you don't have as aggressive a look and not as much under-hood clearance or heat extraction (less aerodynamic low pressure at extraction vents).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back