94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not really. id say its about the same, maybe slightly harder, but not much

Forge

forum member
Reaction score
FWIW - when i installed my hellion kit, i went with Dual Supercar GT pumps. I wired them up myself and installed myself. Its not that bad. Just takes some patience and a little research before you just start tearing into things.

If im going to do something, i will try to do it right the first time - thats the reason i went with the GT pumps. I dont plan on breaking 800 engine HP (650 is my goal), but i wanted some head room. That and it cost me 1/4 of what some are charging for the gt500 setup. 1 hour of work isnt woth 600 out of my pocket.

Either way, i think the gt500 or twin GT pumps are the right way to go, but not a fan of the BaP myself.

Last edited:

GiJjoeOnTheGo

Reaction score
Actually I mis-spoke here,. The Ford GT pump is rated to flow 250 lph however that is for one pump...so actually a set could flow 500. I was correct in what I read. I just mis applied it to twin Ford GT supercar pumps. My apologies. GI Joe

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i thought those numbers were a little off

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
Pumps are rated at free flow, GT supercar pumps flow OVER 550lph EACH free flow, at 90 psi EACH still flows over 290lph! A Mustang GT or GT500 pump isn't going to come anywhere close to those figures

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Concerning the wiring upgrade for the pumps....is there that much of a problem with the stock size wiring that comes with the stock GT500 pump kit from FRPP? Not that I won't upgrade the wiring, of course. Just curious.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back