Fuel tank problem

Paps

forum member
Reaction score
From day one i switched my oem fuel pump to gt500 pump, i can't fill the tank full. It always sits one level below full, and fuel cost isn't what i used to pay(less) that means my gauge is working properly?
I read that passenger side unit is providing full to half tank, could the passenger side fuel unit failed?
But, when my cluster says 50 miles to empty, my car starts to slutter like low on fuel or cavitating. My afr gauge also goes crazy.

Do i have to pull my gt500 pump again? It's a real PITA!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check and make sure the crossover connenction is good in the tank and not kinked or cracked.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
You will need to pull the hat about half way out and you will see the line that is coming from the other side of the tank. Then make sure it is connected to the fitting on the hat, which is right above the pumps.

icebox

forum member
Reaction score
do not break or bend that line .you cant buy it (only with the tank). mine is kinked and im having nothing but problems now

icebox

forum member
Reaction score
i turn a corner i go from half a tank to empty the gas light comes on. last week the fuel gauge read half tank and wouldnt start had to put 10 dollar from a gas can to start it . its a big pain in the butt

Paps

forum member
Reaction score
Tried to remove the pump today. I didn't managed to unplug crossfeed connection.
Sure, i've pressed the nipple before pulling, but no way. It won't come out,i was afraid to break something, so i inspected as is. Found nothing

icebox

forum member
Reaction score
dont pull on it too hard their is a couple of tabs inside the tank holding it down

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back