Fuel's Winter Project: Build It Before It Blows

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
I upgraded my pins as well.. either .2 or .220 I can't really remember. My builder recommended I do that if I planned on making anything over a 1000. Better safe than sorry.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
The pistons I am looking at have chromoly .150 pins. Thoughts?
Just get that shit running already! You are falling behind now! Lol

Last year I qas around 900 rwhp on what ever Manley send std with there pistons. Lets go racing!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
:partysmilie:Just placed my order for the pistons and block. Also paid the balance due on the cranks and rods. Parts on the way! Got a NIB set of ARP main studs for $70 shipped also. Gotta love finding deals

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
The ARP mains that I got are the two bolt mains for the iron bolt, since ARP doesn't specify a main stir kit for the boss block. I plan to use the new gt500 pan and windage tray like BruceH and others have done.

I did end up going with an 11cc dish piston which should put me right around 10.5:1 if I have learned to use the compression calculator properly

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
While waiting on parts.....

How much power will my hpx support in a 3" pipe? Am I going to need to step up to a 3.5" pipe for my maf sensor? If that is the case I may just buy a new intercooler from S&H since they have a 3.5" outlet on their intercooler with the maf flange welded right on it.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I ended up with the hpxe and we also went with a 3.5" up too. With ur potential power might as well step up to the 3.5. Iirc JPC uses a 3" pipe but mount the maf in an IC end tank on the outlet

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
And you have it installed in the 3.5" outlet on the intercooler right Bobby? Do you guys put the 3.5" outlet on the intercooler or buy them that way and just add the maf flange?

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Do you have a detailed pics of the intercooler mounting with that brace Bobby? I am considering buying those two pieces from you guys just to make mounting the intercooler easier and to have the larger MAF pipe.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
Yes here you go. Sorry its tge best i have right now jeremy may have better pics. The new rad/intercooler has mounts for the swaybar bracket if you want it on there if not just let us know and we can make it without it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back