Fuel's Winter Project: Build It Before It Blows

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Ok Gotcha. Couldn't remember, I know you bought a Comp, just couldn't remember which one. Lol

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Damn machine shop is 6 weeks out before they can even start on my engine. Every damn time.

In other news

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, coming up on 5 weeks for the rear seat delete. 3 to 4 weeks for the roll cage.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
If I would have had all my stuff together 2 months ago he would have only been like a 1 week wait.

BTW, anyone on here have a set of 3V tq hone plates I can use?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I would have had all my stuff together 2 months ago he would have only been like a 1 week wait.

BTW, anyone on here have a set of 3V tq hone plates I can use?

You know me, gotta test my patience mojo :)

MMR rents them :)

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I found a steal on a GT4508R privately so I jumped on it. It has been mounted but not ran. Even came with a v-band and clamp and a T4 flange along with all oil and water fittings. This turbo is huge

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I found a steal on a GT4508R privately so I jumped on it. It has been mounted but not ran. Even came with a v-band and clamp and a T4 flange along with all oil and water fittings. This turbo is huge

Awesome, I was looking at the GTX4508R, but they are hella expensive.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I goggled this turbo when I saw it come up for sale just to double check the advertised specs. Cheapest I could find was $2200. I didn't feel bad about giving $950 for the turbo with flanges and all then

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Very nice! Really sweet turbo you landed, I would like to land a good one, not sure that i did though!

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Gotta a bunch of mandrel bent exhaust pipe in today to start fabbing the hotside. Damn that 4" pipe for the down pipe is big. This will be a good start. Few pieces still to show up and need to order v-bands as well.

Also sold the lightweight sway bar delete/radiator support in favor of the S&H one with the legs to mount the intercooler. Boxed up my 31*12*4 intercooler tonight as well. It is getting sent out to Bobby with S&H to have the outlet upgraded to 3.5" with the maf flange welded on. Gonna have a bunch of cool stuff coming back from S&H soon to compliment the new big turbo, big bore build!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Today I got the windage tray and oil pan all buttoned up. Put on the exhaust manifolds, Mcleod FW, and McLeod clutch and even got it back in the car. This car has not had an engine in is since early December so it feels good getting some progress. I even hung the GT45 on the cherry picker to see how it will fit. I will hang the turbo like this when I start welding and fitting pipe.

And here is a little comparison pic of the divided T4 inlet flange and a piece of 4" pipe I will use for the downpipe.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back