Gainesville Road Trip Shots

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok Alex, as always, our cars are very personal to us and to each his own. Like I said, seeing the car "tapeless" allows you to get a feel for the whole car, but hey, like you said, that my preference.

Do what you will, still an awesome car under all that adhesive man! And for pete's sake post a picture of the vehicle without the tape, just this once, ok???

Oh, rep points for holding up under fire. Class act bro....

John

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no, to car enthusiasts (the only people that matter in this subject), i look like a guy in a nice car, who cares more about his belongings than impressing the person next to me on the highway. i feel that it shows how much i care about my car. i see a lot of nice cars taped for trips, and i think it shows commitment. its a shame there aren't more mustang drivers who do the same.

Dude... it is just a car.

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
Ok Alex, as always, our cars are very personal to us and to each his own. Like I said, seeing the car "tapeless" allows you to get a feel for the whole car, but hey, like you said, that my preference.

Do what you will, still an awesome car under all that adhesive man! And for pete's sake post a picture of the vehicle without the tape, just this once, ok???

Oh, rep points for holding up under fire. Class act bro....

John
I actually just finished a post in GIJOE's track failure thread about how much i love car enthusiasts. good timing. my buddy just ordered coil overs for his audi s4 avant. photo shoot as soon as its dropped. you canbe damn sure that i'll be tapeless for those, and you can be damn sure that those pics will be up here as soon as they are shot.

Reaction score
FYI if you go to your local vatozone they have clear painters type tape just for that.

I will be usin that stuff next time i roll to mustangweek. Cant even tell its there. A lot of people like to use it at the track aswell.

I dont blame you for doing that at all. I hate to see the front of a car all boogered up from bugs and rocks aswell. Dont listen to the haters.

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
When you take a Mustang out on the road your an Ambassator for all of us. In the future take a few bugs for the team.

X2. To each his own but its just a car bro. Its not a 250K Ferrari! lol

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
Dude... it is just a car.

Wow i Just said that also....great minds think alike! On another note chad im getting the head cam combo done in two weeks, went with VSR cams. Thanks for the help.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Dude, nice pics!!!

And damn you people just want something to complain about........It's his freaking car, he'll do what he wants.....

The man took time to post pics up of his cruise, and all you dick's want to do is criticize him for some fucking tape....REAL Mustang enthusiast would have been asking about wheels, mods, etc etc......and where did he go on the trip.....

I actually like the idea of tape.....Trust me, you put on a GT500 bumper like I did, and you don't want to mess up the paint....I tape the shit out of mine everytime I load it on the trailer for a long haul to the track......

Geez......

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Chris, I didn't know you became gay.........................I'm happy for you. LOL

Tron

forum member
Reaction score
crying about this guy trying to protect the front of his car...ive seen it all...

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
X2. To each his own but its just a car bro. Its not a 250K Ferrari! lol

its just a car! lets all drive our mustangs through sprinklers and acid rain, because they didn't cost 25 grand or more of our money!

sorry to be a dick, but i try and protect everything i own. my blue suede ferragamo driving shoes cost me about 1/100 of what my mustang cost, and i spend an hour every couple weeks brushing the suede and spraying it with a waterproof protector.

my ass was free, and i wipe it every time i shit, and i wear underwear to keep it nice and fresh. its just an ass. :thumb:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
its just a car! lets all drive our mustangs through sprinklers and acid rain, because they didn't cost 25 grand or more of our money!

sorry to be a dick, but i try and protect everything i own. my blue suede ferragamo driving shoes cost me about 1/100 of what my mustang cost, and i spend an hour every couple weeks brushing the suede and spraying it with a waterproof protector.

my ass was free, and i wipe it every time i shit, and i wear underwear to keep it nice and fresh. its just an ass. :thumb:
You know how I know your user name is not fake? :roflmao: :kidding:

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
You know how I know your user name is not fake? :roflmao: :kidding:

that was a good one! :bravo:
but seriously, i love spending money a lot. i have always felt that money is only money, what can you do with it after your dead? that doesn't mean that you shouldn't take care of investments. i agree that it is just a car, but the tape job took 10 minutes max, and you should have seen how many bugs it saved my paint from. in fact, i may take a picture of it in the morning.

IMO the only thing you can make fun of is the fact that its tape and not a bra, but to say that you would sacrifice a paint job, because the douche in the next car likes it better without anything covering the front is ridiculous.

btw. i got stopped 3 times at rest stops for people complimenting my car. a state trooper even complimented it at a gas station where he was just driving by. he also said that its great that i taped it up. he said its nice to see a younger guy who appreciates his assets.

TayTay

Reaction score
I cant believe this has even turned into an argument. He is only trying to protect his car and keep his front end clean of bugs and rock chips that a car encounters on long journeys. I went on the trip with him and i tapped up my audi s4 avant as well and i am very glad i did because my front end isnt messed up now. Florida is a very buggy state so it makes perfect sense.

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
I wish I would of taped up my front end for my road trip from Chicago to VA. I have about 4 or 5 paint chips now from bugs. It also took me about 2 hours to clean off just the front bumper.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
that was a good one! :bravo:
but seriously, i love spending money a lot. i have always felt that money is only money, what can you do with it after your dead? that doesn't mean that you shouldn't take care of investments. i agree that it is just a car, but the tape job took 10 minutes max, and you should have seen how many bugs it saved my paint from. in fact, i may take a picture of it in the morning.

IMO the only thing you can make fun of is the fact that its tape and not a bra, but to say that you would sacrifice a paint job, because the douche in the next car likes it better without anything covering the front is ridiculous.

btw. i got stopped 3 times at rest stops for people complimenting my car. a state trooper even complimented it at a gas station where he was just driving by. he also said that its great that i taped it up. he said its nice to see a younger guy who appreciates his assets.

I understand man, I was just givin you shit. I get sad every time I wash my car because of multiple rock chips. Like I'm talking about 15-20.. I can't wait to get the car repainted.. So I can respect you trying to protect your car/assests. :beer:

I cant believe this has even turned into an argument. He is only trying to protect his car and keep his front end clean of bugs and rock chips that a car encounters on long journeys. I went on the trip with him and i tapped up my audi s4 avant as well and i am very glad i did because my front end isnt messed up now. Florida is a very buggy state so it makes perfect sense.

Dude, we understand. Alex is just trying to protect his shit and we're giving hiim beef for it. no hard feelings, just in all good fun. and welcome.

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i still feel like the trip to gainesville needs tape. there are so many bugs in central florida. when i cruise around town in palm beach, it can take more than a week for the car to get dirty. every time i head north past vero, i make sure to take 5 minutes out of my life to tape it up after i wash/wax. i still turn heads.

in fact, yesterday, i was turning right, and there was a group of girls in the crosswalk. one of them, as i was starting to accelerate, yelled, "i fucking love your car!"

two days ago, my car was posted up in front of my buddy's apt complex (3rd picture), and a group of people were asking me questions about it and telling me how hardcore it was that i taped it up for the road trip up. they also told me that it is awesome.

as you can see the tape does not hinder anything. it is still a torch red mustang gt. it is still slammed. it is still quick. it still turns heads. i drive it on road trips, because it is fun to drive, and it is my daily. i dont care what other people think, because i love my car and i want it to be fresh forever.

a clear bra may be in the my future. i just always go on road trips last minute, and don't think about it otherwise.

yeah CF is known for there bugs, I went to orlando with the stang one time and didnt tape it up and i had sooooo many fucking bugs on it. It took forever to get off, and plus the roads are kinda shitty in some spots so you get those random rocks and construction going on too.

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
yeah CF is known for there bugs, I went to orlando with the stang one time and didnt tape it up and i had sooooo many fucking bugs on it. It took forever to get off, and plus the roads are kinda shitty in some spots so you get those random rocks and construction going on too.
and when you return, you pull off the tape, and the front end is still fresh. since it is painters tape, there is no adhesive mess left behind.

Redwolf

Reaction score
and when you return, you pull off the tape, and the front end is still fresh. since it is painters tape, there is no adhesive mess left behind.

:thumb2:I will be doing this the next long trip I take. Bugs are bad here, but not as bad as Florida I am guessing. What IS bad here are the rocks. Is Home Depot or Lowes the cheapest place for the tape?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back