Garage Door Screen! How Did I Just Find Out About This!?!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Where have you guys been? Every other home in my subdivision has one of these...

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
That is pretty dang cool.. I can't justify it but I'd like one eventually.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you schedule install for the middle of June when the snow will finally be gone?

Just got done blowing the driveway off. That snow was wet and heavy!

I found out the company that makes the door is out of Atlanta, GA.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Depends on how well they seal at the edges. I don't know how they would be able to seal around the top since there is a gap between the open garage door and door frame, and the screen is inside the garage door.

When a garage door is all the way up it is above the molding. This looks lke it slides in under the door and seals to the molding.

Aghh horse flys are crazy painful!

On a side note I think that is a pretty awesome idea, but it'd be funny if someone didn't see that and drove straight in! :roflmao:

Magnetic reflectors would solve that potential issue.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well guys, had the door installed today and very pleased. I bought the normal screen door, but they had the heavier screen in stock and sold for same price, bonus!

The door comes unassembled.

http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/CBMAMF5/media/DSCN0400_zps758712fc.jpg.html

The last one shows the fuzzy strip inside that stops any bug. Seal on the door is excellent. Shop is a lot more nighttime friendly now!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Let us know some feedback over-time!

I guess the ones in my neighborhood aren't that same product, but I assure you, 1 out of every 3 garages in my hood are covered with screens/doors.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So I'm assuming you need to raise the screen before you can close the garage door? What happens if the screen is closed and your kid hits the button to close the garage door? Does it get squished or is there an interlock to prevent the garage door from closing?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I'm assuming you need to raise the screen before you can close the garage door? What happens if the screen is closed and your kid hits the button to close the garage door? Does it get squished or is there an interlock to prevent the garage door from closing?

The garage door safety light shines through a hole in the screen track. When the screen is down, a tab blocks the hole. The door won't close with the light blocked. If for some reason, it did come down, it hits the top rail pulley holder and reverses.

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
That is awesome! It looks great and I'm sure you'll be loving it come the thick of horse fly and skeeter season

is that sensor for a weather station? I have the same thing on my deck

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Holy shit, I really really like that! Ill probably put 2 of those when my dream "shop" gets built. Even though itll be climate controlled, I enjoy the outside air too.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
What kind of, if any, warranty did they give you. Looks great, when I finally get a place with a garage this will be on my todo list.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back