Gen 2 Coyote Swap Wiring

Daniels197

Reaction score
Okay, so with the control pack the headlights and interior electronics still work or did you have to do anything to get them to work?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Backup lights are the only thing that will not wok.

Jamie A

Reaction score
Okay, so with the control pack the headlights and interior electronics still work or did you have to do anything to get them to work?

Yes all interior lights will work they run off the sub junction box on passenger floor and off relays in the engine bay. You just gotta make sure you use the original ingnistion switch pigatil and splice your run and request to it. Reverse lights can be made to work just gotta do sone relat n wiring but honestly no one really uses them

Greg D

Reaction score
I went through this same mental torture: repin the Gen 2 (Ford Motorsport) harness - I'll save you the long-story version. Scott Hubbard at Late Model Restoration said some things that helped me decide: 1) Gen 2 motor does not need VSS or output shaft speed to idle correctly; 2) There's no easy repin to connect so that everything works fine; 3) There is a speed calibration tool that LMR sells that makes this an easy fix; 4) Go to a GPS unit.
Because of the race-only mode for my car, it has an AIM data logger, so I went with the Aim GPS08, with a roof-mounted sensor.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back