Getting rid of Wheel hop!!!

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
The wheel hop on my 05 is HORRIBLE!!! It's as bad as one of my Fox bodies with out the quad shocks..
What is the fix for this mess??

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
That's it? Didn't have to use relocation brackets?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BBR Billet Lower Control Arms

Lightest on the market!!!!

SEARCH button is your friend.

yeah, I was going to lay into him like I did two others tonight (one thread I completely fukin' deleted) but as I was thinking about it.. One of our vendors got a hook in.

I thought, well BUY something race4food and I'll overlook it and be a quiet mouse in the corner. :naughty1:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
BBR Billet Lower Control Arms

Lightest on the market!!!!

yeah, I was going to lay into him like I did two others tonight (one thread I completely fukin' deleted) but as I was thinking about it.. One of our vendors got a hook in.

I thought, well BUY something race4food and I'll overlook it and be a quiet mouse in the corner. :naughty1:

Yeah....seems the "SSS" has struck again.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL - he got PM from me.....

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What made the most difference for me was when I installed my CHE upper control arm.

But general consensus is get a good set of LCAs, and good adjustable UCA, and relocation brackets if your lowered, and you should be set.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
How much is it to become a supporting member so I can post as much as I want?
You can post as much as you want without becoming a supporting member. However, donations to the site are much appreciated and always welcome.

Go to your User CP, scroll down to the bottom, look at the left side of the page and click on Paid Subscriptions.

Much like Bartles & James......once again, we thank you for your support.

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Much like Bartles & James......once again, we thank you for your support.

Damn, I haven't heard that in years

simonac

simonac
Reaction score
upper and lower control arm will do the trick.... be done with it...any brand will stop that wheel hop.. choose the busching one for the best quality ride and oem feel... and like the other said use the search feature if you whant to know everyone preference......have fun on this forum....

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LCAs fix it, adjustable if you are lowered (or planning on being lowered) plus relocation brackets. You don't need an adjustable UCA though... but most people like the extra good feelings it gives them.

Damn, I haven't heard that in years

You probably don't drink as many wine coolers as SD does...

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree that just LCA's fix the hop. I've got the BMR tubular LCA's and if the road's wet, I still get wheel hop. I need to just suck it up and get an UCA as well. Is there really a need for an adjustable if I'm not going to lower my ride?

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree that just LCA's fix the hop. I've got the BMR tubular LCA's and if the road's wet, I still get wheel hop. I need to just suck it up and get an UCA as well. Is there really a need for an adjustable if I'm not going to lower my ride?

I don't know what to tell you, except I went from stock LCAs + NA = occasional wheel hop to BMR adjustable + FI = no more hop. I still have the stock UCA.

Lower ET Than u

Lower ET Than you
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the search button is the fix. use it, love it, live by it.

Its amazing. Its as if no one has ever used a forum before

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
STFU ... you are getting more annoying than the OP. :deadhorse::deadhorse:

Do you have stock tires? If so, there is your problem. Like I originally said, wheel hop has a lot to do with the stock tires.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back