GI Joe 8 Rib Kit is the $h!t.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Since this is a new forum and there may be some people who are unaware of what is out there.

I have a Saleen S/C with JDM Stage II mods which last year ran 11.427 @ 119.92

I was having tensioner issues so I was running a 6 rib belt on the GI Joe 8 rib setup.

I then purchased the billet tensioner from GI Joe which eliminated snapping the factory tensioners.

I went to the track last night for some testing and on the 3.4" (10psi) pulley I saw 12 psi from around 5200 rpm up.

My best time was a 13.2 @ 123mph pedal fest since the temperature was 35F and there was no track preparation.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got the GI JOE 8-rib for the whipple. If I break a tensioner--I definitely know where to go to get the billet one. I am hoping I won't have a problem though due to me having an automatic.

13.2 @ 123----wow your 60' must have been non-existent. Playing slip and slide at the track.....

Last edited:

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
You're not kidding brother!
I had the same setup as thump_rrr with my stock motor and hit 12psi with the 3.4" pulley. I thought I was crazy but I have a peak recall on my boost gauge. Dave is the GO-TO-MAN for pullies, tensioners and accessories for all your needs.

Last edited:

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're not kidding brother!
I had the same setup as thump_rrr with my stock motor and hit 12psi with the 3.4" pullie. I thought I was crazy but I have a peak recall on my boost gauge. Dave is the GO-TO-MAN for pullies, tensioners and accessories for all your needs.
I had my Nexus set to warn at 12 psi and i could see it going red while running down the track.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got the GI JOE 8-rib for the whipple. If I break a tensioner--I definitely know where to go to get the billet one. I am hoping I won't have a problem though due to me having an automatic.

13.2 @ 123----wow your 60' must have been non-existent. Playing slip and slide at the track.....
A yellow C6 Z06 almost went bye bye racing a Skyline GT-R.
He crossed from the right lane into the left going straight towards the wall near the 1/8th mark before catching it with less than a foot to spare.

Since the Skyline is awd he was far ahead at the time. Luckily he didn't do it the run before when we were racing cause he would have crashed into me.

This proves that no matter how safe you are it doesn't mean that nothing will happen to you.

travelers

Reaction score
+1 on that. Years ago I watched a Cuda brake a axel shaft on the starting line and make an abrupt right turn. Lucky he was in the right lane anyhow.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow awesome Peter. ill be getting the GI Joe 8 rib closer to my engine install time

GI Joe

Reaction score
Thanks Thumper...I'm glad you like it...I was very reluctant to tell people that not only is it a pretty piece, it dont break, but that more importantly it will make MORE Boost...I got heckeled for that statment in fact...but thats OK because I wont ever sell him one...LOL
Glad you like it .....................Imagine a 2.95 pulley and 7.5" crank and an 8 rib kit...hehehehehe

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Thumper...I'm glad you like it...I was very reluctant to tell people that not only is it a pretty piece, it dont break, but that more importantly it will make MORE Boost...I got heckeled for that statment in fact...but thats OK because I wont ever sell him one...LOL
Glad you like it .....................Imagine a 2.95 pulley and 7.5" crank and an 8 rib kit...hehehehehe
BTW I never saw more than 9lbs before the tensioner.
I hope that the extra boost translates to better track times once the weather warms up.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:clap: I'm getting the 8rib setup and already have the tensioner!! I already have the 3.4 and 2.95 pullies too, had to get them before they ran out!!:victory:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Paul, I broke a stock tensioner with my automatic. I replaced it with Adam's Frankentensioner and it's been perfect ever since (250 runs so far).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back