Apex EC-7 Wheels 18x10 with BFG Rivals 295/35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Since I don't have the car anymore, I'm trying to sell my track set of wheels and tires. I'm not planning to separate them, I need them to go all in a whole set. Items are in the Memphis area if local buyers are interested.

The pictures I took a few days ago, but due to personal things going on here, I haven't had time until now to post a sale ad here. If pictures need to be updated with a more current date, mods please let me know, and I can update them.

Anyways onto the ad! I do have this same ad on Ebay, so this is slightly edited to work on here.

This is a set of used APEX Racing EC-7 18"x10" ET43 Wheels with 295/35/18 BFGoodrich Rival Tires. The wheel finish is Satin Black. I was only able to use these for 6-8 Autocross weekends and 1 HPDE weekend. I no longer own the car that they were used on, so it is time for them to go to a new home.

20151108_141223

16640589158_a008f9d7b2_b.jpg

These tires are rated with 7.2/32 tread depth, from the factory, and have at least 4/32 as shown in the quarter coin pictures attached (a method suggested by Goodyear). I can get exact measurements if needed. If you notice in some of the pictures, even the indicator bars still have the rubber "feelers" sticking out on them (same with the sidewall).

These were used on the track only as the wheels and tires are made/bought to be used on the track. I used another set for daily driving, though these tires will work for daily driving use as they are Extreme Summer tires. They were stored at 15-20 psi when not in use, and covered to prevent as much wheel/tire damage as possible.

There are some nicks and scratches, on the wheels, from regular track use, and the lug area does have scratches from lug wrench use. It is nothing that should damage the integrity of the wheels. The wheels were cleaned after every event, and even cleaned one more time for pictures in this listing. 3 of the 4 center caps fell off during the last track day, and the last one came off/broke off during cleaning. The center caps are about $10 a piece from APEX, but I would recommend getting ones that stay on the wheel better.

One of the wheels may have to be re-balanced. A strip of wheel weights that were on the wheel came off during one of the events. I do have a photo showing the missing strip, and I have not attempted to remove the adhesive to avoid doing damage to the wheel. The wheel weights used when the shop mounted the tires were all stick on weights. It didn't affect the performance that much, if any.

This set will fit any S197 Mustang (up to factory 4 piston Brembo brake setups), as that is what the wheels were designed for. They have a 43mm offset, and they do clear the factory 4 piston Brembo brakes offered on 11-14 Mustang GT's. If you need specifics on fitment, please see the link to APEX's Wheels below on their recommended fitment information, especially when needing information on fitment with 6-piston Brembo systems.

For those with SN95 Mustangs (94-04), these will clear as well. APEX recommends a 13-15mm spacer to clear exhaust components, and some 94-04 owners recommend rolling the fenders for track use on SN95 Mustangs.

APEX EC-7 Specs & Configuration

Diameter: 18"
Width: 10"
Offset: 43mm
Lug Pattern: 5x4.5" (5x114.3mm)
Centerbore: 70.5mm (2.775")
Weight: ~22.1lbs
Available in 3 Finishes:
Race Silver
Anthracite
Satin Black - Finish of the wheels listed
Chassis Applications

Mustang S-550 ('15-on), 4 & 6 piston brembo caliper V6, EcoBoost and GT. (GT350 will require 19" wheels)
Mustang S-197 ('05-'14), All including GT500, Boss
Mustang SN-95 ('94-'04), All including Cobra R & SVT Cobras, Mach 1
Mustang Fox Body ('87-'93), with 5 lug conversion only (not '93 Cobra)

Click the here for tire and wheel size combinations recommended by APEX

EC-7 Features & Benefits

Designed, track tested, and independently certified in this specific configuration for the Mustang:

Meets 2015 NASA American Iron Extreme (AIX) rules: "Competitors may only use a maximum 18” diameter wheel with a maximum width of 13 inches."
A direct fitment, engineered for S-197 applications, no spacers or hub-centric rings required.
Maximize wheel/tire width under stock fenders with a wide variety of suspension, both stock and aftermarket.
Spoke design and barrel work together to create additional brake clearance.
Every single APEX EC-7 wheel configuration is JWL tested independently in Japan, with VIA certificate and certification number on file.
The classic mesh design that never goes out of style maximizes strength in the most vulnerable area of the wheel, and greatly reduces bends and damage from impacts; a lipless face distributes load more evenly distributed to reduce stress and enhance durability.
Lug recesses and back pads are never painted; preventing lug nuts from loosening, additionally mounting wheel's does not damage the wheel's finish.
Specific design accepts original or direct replacement TPMS sensors, and factory lug nuts.
BFGoodrich g-force Rival Information

The g-Force Rival is BFGoodrich's Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for sports car, muscle machine and pro-touring car driving enthusiasts who want their tires to turn heads on the street and lower lap times at the track. Created with razor-sharp reflexes, the g-Force Rival is designed to raise the limits by delivering extreme grip that's extremely predictable. However, like all Extreme Performance Summer tires, these tires are not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near- and below-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

g-Force Rival tires feature a Silica-infused compound molded into asymmetric tread designs that are performance-tuned to match tire width (265mm and narrower sizes feature a 3-rib design, while 275mm and wider sizes use a 4-rib pattern). Large, solid outboard tread blocks and BFGoodrich's Extreme Tread Edge (ETE) shoulder design wraps the tread compound farther down the sidewalls for predictable feedback and maximum cornering grip from start to finish. Lateral groove draft angles promote consistent performance and wear, while chamfered block edges resist feathering under extreme cornering and braking.

The tire's internal structure features BFGoodrich's Performance Racing Core reinforced internal structure that reduces flex to increase steering response. The tread is stabilized by twin steel belts and an Equal TEnsion Containment System (ETEC System) of spirally wrapped nylon to optimize the tire's contact patch and traction at speed. g-Control sidewall inserts tune the sidewall stiffening to promote steering response.

Link for more details:

BFGoodrich Tire Specs Here

Tires are 295/35/18 in size, and more information of the tire can be found in the link above. BFGoodrich Part Number 54078.

Even though it is listed on Ebay for $2,500, I am listing these on here for $2,000 OBO.

The listed price factors in shipping to the Continental US (48 States). Offers are welcome, but shipping costs may be adjusted depending on the offer.

These tires are in high demand, and BFGoodrich can barely supply enough of them. They are an amazing tire, and will make a properly setup car drive on rails around the track. Grab this set while you can!

Again, I am selling the tires and wheels together. There are not any plans to separate the tires from the wheels. They all must go as a package!

If you have any questions about the items, or need more photos, feel free to contact me.

Here are some pictures:

20151108_141337

20151108_141401

20151108_141413

20151108_141443

20151108_141453 - The Missing Wheel Weights

20151108_141613

20151108_141651

20151108_142037

20151108_142059

20151108_142219

20151108_142305

20151108_142421

20151108_142440

20151108_142548

20151108_142643

20151108_143217

20151108_142944

20151108_143317

20151108_143132

Again, Even though it is listed on Ebay for $2,500, I am listing these on here for $2,000, shipped, OBO. Local pickup can be cheaper in the Memphis area.

PM me if you have any questions and/or offers.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Hah, I've been watching these damn wheels on ebay forever, lol. Finally ended up getting some Forgestar cf5's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back