Going For 800 Rwhp

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
One last post for this thread. Unless someone asks a question.

I am very happy to have finally made it to the goal of this thread! I could not have ever even thought of doing all the work I have done to this car with out the help and knowledge of the people on this site. With that said I say, thank you s197 forum! I am having a blast with the car. I went 129.82 mph last week in Houston at the meet while spinning the tires in first and second. The above thread tells more about that. 130 mph on the first night of running the street tune with traction issues. This car rocks! Instead of keeping this one going I will start another about making the time at the track. Stay tuned!

Thanks s197!!! 70K:cheers:

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score

I am very happy to have finally made it to the goal of this thread! I could not have ever even thought of doing all the work I have done to this car with out the help and knowledge of the people on this site. With that said I say, thank you s197 forum! I am having a blast with the car. I went 129.82 mph last week in Houston at the meet while spinning the tires in first and second. The above thread tells more about that. 130 mph on the first night of running the street tune with traction issues. This car rocks! Instead of keeping this one going I will start another about making the time at the track. Stay tuned!

i am happy for you my friend,,,,,enjoy the car:thumb2:

lito

forum member
Reaction score

Billy, it was really nice to work with you and your nicely done car, I will never forget the faces of the guys at the dyno when they started to see the numbers, incredibly how they changed their behavior and started to ask questions, if they ever take your record there down, just need to show with the smaller pulley on a colder day and set the bar even higher, lol.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Billy, it was really nice to work with you and your nicely done car, I will never forget the faces of the guys at the dyno when they started to see the numbers, incredibly how they changed their behavior and started to ask questions, if they ever take your record there down, just need to show with the smaller pulley on a colder day and set the bar even higher, lol.

Thanks!

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

And thanks to Jerrod for the pics!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
photobucket-2030-1337572096573.jpg

What is the name of this shifter?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. Amazing what a little searching will reveal. LOL

photobucket-5366-1339463647367.jpg

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
It is the TCI Outlaw and the button on the drivers side is sold separately.

Man, am I glad my dash doesn't look like that any more!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
What are the red boxes in the airbag area?

They are MSD tach adapters for the duel DIS4 setup under the dash. That setup will get tested in the spring on my race tune with a .040 plug gap at 21 psi to see if there is any gain. Just one of the things lurking unused in my monster right now. I have the plugs at .032 with just the MSD coils and batt. voltage now. I don't know if you have ever seen these Dis4 boxes spark but, I can hook it up and pull a coil and plug and shoot a 20" spark to the closest metal part it can find. They have a lot of power so running a wider gap should be easy. Thing is the DIS4 boxes have a bad reputation for failure so they will only be used at the track.

Boozshey

Reaction score
haha awesome. I'd be playing with them all the time.... Good idea. If they fail that would suck!!!

suprchrgd

forum member
Reaction score
not sure if this has been discussed, but what material and wall thickness wrist pins did you use with your pistons.

i have the following three recommended to me and its confusing. do you go with a thinner wall to be lighter, or thick to be stronger? is there a happy medium? is there really a significant weight or strength between the three?

H13 .220 wall tool steel pins
9310 alloy .200 wall pins
H13 .185 tool steel pins

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
not sure if this has been discussed, but what material and wall thickness wrist pins did you use with your pistons.

i have the following three recommended to me and its confusing. do you go with a thinner wall to be lighter, or thick to be stronger? is there a happy medium? is there really a significant weight or strength between the three?

H13 .185 tool steel pins
How much power are you trying to make and what pistons are you using? h13 has a higher tensile strength than 9310, but the 9310 pins you mention would handle more than you will make.

I have Manley pistons and 9310 .180" wall pins and will be making 1400-1500hp without concern.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score

H13 .185 tool steel pins

Not sure. I have what ever they sent me with this part number.

595530C-8

I didnt request anything special as far as the pins go. I tell you the one in my hand right now is a 0.125 per my calipers.

suprchrgd

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's what i needed to know.

Here is my piston build sheet. My end goal is 800 whp. I have attached my piston build sheet from diamond racing.
I popped two pistons, so i need to go another .010 over. hoping that will clean up the scaring in the cylinder walls. Debating on just going .030 over like you did to make sure the walls are 100% cleaned up and straight...

Attachments

• piston build sheet.pdf
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

recordbreaker5

Blown 3V
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's what i needed to know.

Here is my piston build sheet. My end goal is 800 whp. I have attached my piston build sheet from diamond racing. We have the head cc wrong. Our stock heads are actually 51cc so the final compression should be closer to 10.5, not 10.2 as stated in this sheet.

I popped two pistons, so i need to go another .010 over. hoping that will clean up the scaring in the cylinder walls. Debating on just going .030 over like you did to make sure the walls are 100% cleaned up and straight...

Or .020 over

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back