Good Ford/Performance Mechanic in Philadelphia area

Mrjfk65

Reaction score
I'm looking to have someone install Hot Rod cams in my 2008 GT and then afterwards I would need them to tune it.

Does anyone have a shop in the Philadephia area that you could reccomend to do this work?

Any idea what I can expect to pay for this?

Thanks

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Please review the posting rules, your question is not tech.

Closet place I know is JDM Engineering - Freehold

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
on Evo - from what I've heard/read, if you're spending big $$ they are great, if you're spending a smaller sum.. hit and miss.

Mrjfk65

Reaction score
I called JDM and they were a shocking $5,100??!! The price included CAM, Timing Chain, New Rockers, Phasers, and the removal install, and tune.

According to the service rep "they won't put in a cam in a car with that many miles (Mine has 67,000) without putting in new rockers, timing chain, etc”... It seems like an excessive approach,

I have read others on this forum paying $600 or less for this type of job and by that I mean the installation of the CAM only (Tune is on me)

I'm astounded that in a metro are like Philly (the 6th largest metro area in the US) there are only two performance shop recommendations from this forum.

jakebrake1

Reaction score
^ the problem is, there are a bazillion shops out there. far too many have ZERO business tinkering with anything, let alone, replacing innards on an engine.

ecam has been around since Christ was a crossing guard. figured they were the safest bet that I knew of.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can try JPC in MD, a bit further, but also well known for quality work.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back