Griggs Vs. Agent 47: Corner carvers voice your opinions.

Rodeoflyer

forum member
Reaction score
I went with Griggs...and had them build my car at the shop completey.

I want to see fast s197s...and they showed me.

I DON'T care about $150,000+ AIX race cars WHEN it relates to upgrades on my car..i care about what my street driven s197 can become. ( i love to watch them tho)

I agree STRONGLY agree that money better spend first on driving school,slicks,tuning,brakes etc etc
The 47 kits nice..but its also incomplete..not a full chasis like Griggs sells.

You get what you pay for i guess...and if $$$ is a big issue...if you want to part together the car and your a DIY then maybe the 47 kit is better.

I didn't want any excuses when i built my car..i have none :)

Agent 47 has a rear setup as well. They just need to update their site.

kahmann

forum member
Reaction score
Agent 47 has a rear setup as well. They just need to update their site.

There is still no comparison. A very good friend of mine, who is an excellent driver, has an 07 Shelby GT. We both have built motors, Paxton blowers, DOT comp tires, etc etc. We go to the track together every chance we get to compete against one another.
He went with the Agent 47 kit and I went with Griggs. He has yet to pass me once since we both modified our suspensions early 09. Our cars and our driving abilities are as much of an apples to apples comparison as you will come across in the real world. Griggs wins handily.

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
There is still no comparison. A very good friend of mine, who is an excellent driver, has an 07 Shelby GT. We both have built motors, Paxton blowers, DOT comp tires, etc etc. We go to the track together every chance we get to compete against one another.
He went with the Agent 47 kit and I went with Griggs. He has yet to pass me once since we both modified our suspensions early 09. Our cars and our driving abilities are as much of an apples to apples comparison as you will come across in the real world. Griggs wins handily.

In fairness to Agent47 there are other factors here. Weight, tires, setup, and obviously driver. A better driver put a whooping on me at VIR. He had FRPP sways, springs, tokico's, and a little less power. He simply drove his car much closer to its potential than I did. That being said I still think Griggs has the overall best suspension available for the S197.

GR40Freak

Stig's American Cousin
Reaction score
The truck arm setup is definitely a step backwards from a Torque Arm or 3-link design. The only reason its still in existence is because NASCAR forces the use of the truck arm design per their rules.

If NASCAR removed that rule every team would switch away from that design with one season. Guaranteed.

Colin Sebern
CorteX Racing

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
not that everyone doesnt realize already, but this is such a loaded question. your car is only as good as your setup. you cant bolt on any one part and make it handle "better." Whats better anyway? can we define it?

GR40Freak

Stig's American Cousin
Reaction score
not that everyone doesnt realize already, but this is such a loaded question. your car is only as good as your setup. you cant bolt on any one part and make it handle "better." Whats better anyway? can we define it?

Exactly. Better is different for everyone, because every wants something different.

But having a fundamental knowledge of suspension design I would never incorporate the use of truck arms.

Colin Sebern
CorteX Racing

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
well truck arms are basically the same as a torque arm. only i guess the truck arms would bind and thus the reason you wouldnt want em. all kinds of artificial spring rates.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back