GT500 Brembo's, which pads is everyone using?

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
I made the huge mistake of using the factory GT500 pads when I installed my takeoffs. These things dust like crazy!! Just washed the car today and ran up the road to pick up some stuff and the wheels are covered already. What's everyone else using for replacements? This is mostly a street car that will see some track.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
A decent typical set are the Hawk TPS or HP+ for street use.

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Thanks for the info csamsh. I'm planning to do my first open track session in the next few months so a more street oriented pad should suffice until I get more confidence in my driving.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info csamsh. I'm planning to do my first open track session in the next few months so a more street oriented pad should suffice until I get more confidence in my driving.

Yeah you should be fine. Just watch that pedal, and don't be afraid to come in or take a cool down lap. Get some good fluid...it will go a long way.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I'm still using OEM brembo pads on mine and it sucks! Here is a before and after.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373847670.790238.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373847683.023291.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
At the advice of some of our forum members, I went with the Autozone ceramic pads - can't think of the name off hand. I've had them on there for about 6 months, and they are waaaaay better than the stock GT500 pads. Maybe the name is Cmax?

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Happy with the HPS's on my street car with heavy 20's, not fading with repeated emergency stop tests. (also running ATE superblue fluid & goodridge stainless lines)

R1V3R5

5-Oh!
Reaction score
At the advice of some of our forum members, I went with the Autozone ceramic pads - can't think of the name off hand. I've had them on there for about 6 months, and they are waaaaay better than the stock GT500 pads. Maybe the name is Cmax?

Yep, Duralast Gold Cmax to be exact. Pretty damn good pads for the money. Think $75 for a set. And Autozone always has coupon codes online as well.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Yep, Duralast Gold Cmax to be exact. Pretty damn good pads for the money. Think $75 for a set. And Autozone always has coupon codes online as well.

Yep, that's it. I can go weeks without any brake dust. The stockers had the rims covered in dust after mere days.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's it. I can go weeks without any brake dust. The stockers had the rims covered in dust after mere days.

Damn really? I think I may buy these this weekend when I'm modding. I hate washing my car and a few hours later there is dust all on the rims.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
The cmax pads usually come with new caliper hardware as well..yes I work at autozone....lol

Stetler17

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed on the C Max pads. Did the front on the Shelby the first week I owned it to get rid of the massive amount of brake dust daily. Still have the stock rears and the wheels get dirty three to one (guess) compared to the C Max fronts.

Haven't tracked it...so I notice zero loss of braking on the street. Doing the rears as soon as I get some free time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back