Gt500 duel pump issue

Dennis Thomas

Reaction score
I recently had the GT 500 duel pump 375LPH installed on my car. Getting a remote tune done by Lito and one pump is not functioning. Brand new pump had a speed shop put it on and obviously they didn’t test it. Lito is doing my tune and he suggested to unplug the fdpm one at a time to see if one of the pumps aren’t working and good enough when I unplug the module on the Passenger side nothing happens, but when done on the driver side the car stalls. So he was quite right. Guessing it’s a wiring issue.

Has anyone had this issue? Trying to found the most likely reasons this would happen. If anyone has had this same problem, either they installed one or had someone install one. Any suggestions would be nice. Currently going thru the instructions from ford to see what doesn’t look right, but I’m more of a body man then a mechanic.

thanks

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
The connectors are very fragile. The sockets are easy to spread open so they do not make good contact with the pins. Some volt meter probes are a little fat and will spread the connector. Don’t ask how I know this! Look closely at the 6 wire connector on the fuel pump hat for damaged sockets. Also the passenger side module connector and the connector that attaches to the factory harnes.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
The connectors are very fragile. The sockets are easy to spread open so they do not make good contact with the pins. Some volt meter probes are a little fat and will spread the connector. Don’t ask how I know this! Look closely at the 6 wire connector on the fuel pump hat for damaged sockets. Also the passenger side module connector and the connector that attaches to the factory harnes.
Very true

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back