Gt500 fuel pump.

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
I'm putting in a GT500 fuel pump and I'm having a hell of a time putting it and it won't go all the way down it feels cockeyed. Is it a b to get down?

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure of what exactly you have going on,, But, When I installed my GT500 pumps I had to loosen the tank straps to align the hole to get the pump in.

Once I did that, the pump went right in,, Except for those annoying rubber feet that falling off.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'm putting in a GT500 fuel pump and I'm having a hell of a time putting it and it won't go all the way down it feels cockeyed. Is it a b to get down?

You have to tilt, squeeze and rotate it. It seems like a cruel joke right now but it will go in without dropping the tank. Make sure to lubricate the o ring prior to locking down the lock ring.

I just take the rubber feet off. It makes no difference and I've gotten tired of fishing them out of the tank.

Paps

forum member
Reaction score
Patience is the key, lol
I spent 1h30 to install it last time, have breaks when you re really fed up messing with it.
Like Bruce said, squeeze and rotate helps. It's scary to squeeze that hoses, but they hold fine!
I then cut the pump acces frame to have more room to play!
If you can't go down anymore Maybe you are hitting the fuel pump fiilter pan

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
Okay I got it in what a pain in the ass, I had it in wrong so I pulled it back out got it in the right away and it went smooth. I hate the Ford engineers who put it right there what assholes, Just move the it back 2 inches and it would be so much easier

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Okay I got it in what a pain in the ass, I had it in wrong so I pulled it back out got it in the right away and it went smooth. I hate the Ford engineers who put it right there what assholes, Just move the it back 2 inches and it would be so much easier

Good to hear. A stamped cutout would make it easy. I've contemplated cutting a half moon right there but in the end it does go in without any hacking.

I still think it's a cruel joke, lol.

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
So one more question, what do I do with the 2 wires in my hand? I don't want to make assumptions and cut stuff up. If you have a good write up with pics that could could help me.
Thanks
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372036321.481259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
Okay so I don't see why I'm getting so lost in such a simple thing lol.

Okay so I plugged my new harness into my new fuel pump, I am left with old harness and two wires what do I do with that two wires? cut off the old harness and splice them onto the two wires? They don't just slide in to that harness what the hell am I missing?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372075591.381595.jpg

Now does this look right?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372075625.347578.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372075638.363661.jpg

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Okay so I don't see why I'm getting so lost in such a simple thing lol.

Okay so I plugged my new harness into my new fuel pump, I am left with old harness and two wires what do I do with that two wires? cut off the old harness and splice them onto the two wires? They don't just slide in to that harness what the hell am I missing?

View attachment 42997

Now does this look right?
View attachment 42998
View attachment 42999

No don't cut off the old harness, fixing to mess up. follow the link that Bruce left you.

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372085624.828769.jpg
My wires do not go into anything.
Do I need to go buy a connector to adapt?

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have any connector I am having a hell of a time figuring out what connector I'm supposed to have. It's starting to piss me off because this is the last step in my supercharger install and it's killing me. Lol.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
They plug into one of the existing connectors on the new harness. Iirc it has 6 pins.

Edit: I think they do plug into a special plug that comes with the kit. That's why you have splices on it, because the previous owner didn't have the plug either. If I'm thinking right you are going to have to splice into the harness.

I take it you bought this used?

Last edited:

Goody05

forum member
Reaction score
That's the best link yet, thanks. So it still looks like I am miss a clip on my new harness witch Is throwing me off because I need to know if I can splice in the new wires or do I look for a new harness

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back