GT500 Throttle body

06GT_Vert

Still Stock
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is the spacer neccesary ? If so why?
Also are their any proven gains...Just trying to get Facts & opinion's
F250 V10 is the same TB - is this correct?
:twisted:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think that it is necessary, however, I think you could fab up something for a lot less then what JDM is charging.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
A ported intake works the best, then you actually take advantage of the large TB. What good is it to have a nice big TB and then squeeze the inlet size back down to stock?
Here is a link to your transition hoses. They only show them in the black but you can get them in Super blue and Cobalt also. $26.00 + shipping + $12.00 if you want SS T-bolts. Once I posted that I was doing this and where I got my boot, JDM called and bought the whole inventory so hopefully they restocked.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cali HP Addict said:
A ported intake works the best, then you actually take advantage of the large TB. What good is it to have a nice big TB and then squeeze the inlet size back down to stock?
Here is a link to your transition hoses. They only show them in the black but you can get them in Super blue and Cobalt also. $26.00 + shipping + $12.00 if you want SS T-bolts. Once I posted that I was doing this and where I got my boot, JDM called and bought the whole inventory so hopefully they restocked.
Linky Linky???
Doing a search on the other site I found that the brand is Hose Techniques. Do you have a part # for it?

V

VSOP

I'm using just the GT500 TB with the holes enlarged to mount it.. I'm not sure if I will need to port the whipple inlet yet as it looks like the saleen with just one hole and not two seperate holes.. so long as the blades clear it will allow plenty of flow

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
+1 for Hose Techniques they are the company that PH uses for their turbo kits and that elbow they use from the cold side pipe to the TB is a big elbow and standing up to 18psi in their car.

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
Correct you do not need a spacer for the Saleen or stock intake as long as you are willing to do a little porting.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So hold up a sec. JDM is selling the following...

- GT500 Throttle Body (w/ Pre Slotted Holes)
- JDM Billet Adapter Plate (Spacer)
- Black Rubber Transition Hose 5"-4.5"
- Gaskets
- Hose Clamps

All for $299

Is there a cheaper route to go? The spacer isn't even necessary? What exactly is needed, also what process should be taken, ie. porting intake and the enlarged holes on the throttle body for example...

- Justin

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LAK3RS said:

- Gaskets
- Hose Clamps

All for $299

Is there a cheaper route to go? The spacer isn't even necessary? What exactly is needed, also what process should be taken, ie. porting intake and the enlarged holes on the throttle body for example...

- Justin

Yes exept that the transition is silicone and not rubber.
The spacer isn't necessary unless you don't want to port the blower.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thump_rrr said:
LAK3RS said:
What if I'm N/A? What's recommended
Stock should do fine

I'm still waiting on JDM to release some numbers on the TB through an N/A engine. Though I'm hoping that with what I have and I'm doing to my car that the TB might help a little bit atleast..

- C&L Racer
- Pulleys
- Deletes
- ARH Headers w/Off X
- Plus other goodies

Will it atleast help flow more air in? Or should I really not bother with it since I'm N/A...

V

VSOP

I might help on the top end, I would say those that have the above with cams have the best bet for more hp at 5k+ rpms

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So If I throw on some stage 3's it would truly benefit, but only very little...

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
LAK3RS said:

- Gaskets
- Hose Clamps

All for $299

- Justin
You need a GT500 TB, hose transition, hose clamps and some gasket material that's it. Just need to be willing to do some porting on your intake.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
One thing you guys are missing.
Because of the larger butterflies this TB offeres much greater throttle response. It still comes down a little slow to idle just like the stocker but this fugger snaps open and gives part throttle response like it has a cable on it!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back