Headed to New York

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Damn that's good to know. Would have never thought they would take reservations that far in advance.

Flight arrives at noon on the 12th so i might try to hit up The Palm that night.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's why I mentioned it, seems to be a NY thing for the most part.

Another spot I just recalled, if u r a beer guy, 'The Gingerman' in the 35-36th street area. Has a 75' long bar and 75-100 bears on tap from all over the world.

It's 'the Palm' no 's'

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked about heading North for a few days. I have only been there twice and didn't do much but drive.

I just noticed The Palm has 4 locations in NYC. One, Two, Tribeca, and West side. Is anyone of them better than the other? I wouldn't think so, but figured i would ask.

Love beer. I was hoping to find a good Pub or something. I'll add The Gingerman to my list.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
The Museum of Sex is a pretty fun trip to make its on 5th between 26th and 27th

McSorleys has some good beer, and Paddy Reillys I hear is good, Connely's on 45th is a great place as well

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For The Palm, I've eaten at the TriBeCa and 'Two' both were great. The TriBeCa is a bigger space, Two is crowded feeling even when it's not, however Two has a lot more character.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds like there will be plenty to do while i'm there.

For The Palm, I've eaten at the TriBeCa and 'Two' both were great. The TriBeCa is a bigger space, Two is crowded feeling even when it's not, however Two has a lot more character.

I only ask since i was about to book reservations. Ill do some more looking and see which one is closer to me. I would hate to spend $60 on a cab ride across town when there is one closer to me.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh Hells yea.... The City that never sleeps

McSoorley's down in the village is a old school Irish pub

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thats what im looking for. Something old school with a little history to it. My wife will probably end up hating me before its all said and done. I dont plan on doing much sleeping.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
McSorley's makes their own beer and it's not to bad. Connollys also has lots of live music and tons of beer and its only 11 blocks north of you on 45th street btwn 6th and 7th. Its the short blocks not the long blocks either lol

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Hahaha well at least you will get some good exercise with all the walking you can do.

Also the hot dog carts and hallal carts that are closest to the museums and tourist attractions charge way more than other ones. So if you want to get a bottle of water or a snapple or sprite just get one before you head to the museums or after on your way back to the hotel. I was making a delivery to MOMA and jumped off the back of the truck and went to get a water bottle and the guy wanted 2.25 for it so I told him to fuck off, walked across 6th and got one for 1.50.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds about right, I can't wait to spend $12 on a beer at the stadium. Hopefully I have a mini fridge or something in the hotel I can stock bottles of water in.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Sub'd!
Me and my fiancé will be there in two weeks from the 25th-30th. Can't wait! I'm ready for sleepless nights and lots of beer and good food. Any great place for my first taste of NY style pizza??

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I honestly can't say I have had a bad slice in the city. Lombardi's Pizza or Presidential Pizza are supposedly two of the best pizza places in the city. I have never eaten there so I can not say for sure.

I have never heard of stouts before. Thanks for the info Steve

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
its a great place to go before any sort of MSG event. if theres a concert at the garden, they have all sorts of music and specials from the band playing that night.

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
Sub'd!
Me and my fiancé will be there in two weeks from the 25th-30th. Can't wait! I'm ready for sleepless nights and lots of beer and good food. Any great place for my first taste of NY style pizza??

If the Rangers are still in the playoffs maybe we can hook up for some suds when you get into town

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Damn i should have started this thread when it got closer to leaving. Im ready to see what NYC is all about now. I can honestly say, i'm not looking forward to public transit.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if you avoid the subways during rush hours 7:30-9:30 am and 4-6pm - they are fairly quite and not crowded.

you can also walk to many spots

One other thought - on the west side in the 20s, "The Highline" it's a new park on an old stretch of elevated rail tracks

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back