Header stud help

Wingnut1988

black betty s197
Reaction score
tryin to find replacement studs for ford racing shorty headers on a 3v for the flange to h-pipe. so far no luck anyone know what size the stud is? or if replacements where are they located? and a h-pipe donut gasket or flange seal of some sort got a slight leaky problem. Studs were striped while letting a buddy put a free h-pipe on(thats what i get for not doing it my self). so all info will be greatly appriciated.

Agent007

forum member
Reaction score
They can be purchased at Advance Auto or any parts house. Just look in their exhaust section, take a stud to compare sizes due to there being multiple selections available.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
There's a Dorman part number circulating around, but I don't recall it at the moment. Do a search and see if you can pull it up.

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
I just went to the hardware store and found the biggest bolt that fit in the hole.

I think it was 3/8" IIRC, then double nut it and call it good.

That right, I said fit it in the hole and double nut it...

1236166298_quagmire_-_giggity.gif

Wingnut1988

black betty s197
Reaction score
thanks for all the help you guys still havent found nothing but im getting closer. another question for you guys h-pipe inserts to create a seal (donut gasket) any size i need for that? or a part number? and a heads up on the JLT serious 3 intake ... i was at gear heads in arlington tx.... a 2010 gt with kooks long tubes.... o/r x and that intake made 330 hp 347 tq. not a bad purchase if you ask me i just bought one this past weekend

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the four bolts (two per flange)? If so, the P/N should be the same for your headers as the stock ones.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=310&viewfile=Exhaust System - Exploded View.pdf

Drop the h pipe out and the bolts screw out from the h pipe side of the flange.

Also, I could use the same info about a gasket, seal, ring, whatever for the flange-to-h pipe connection.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back